Camping and Canoeing in Wisconsin

>> Wednesday, June 22, 2022

I mentioned in Monday's post about how I was camping in WI over the weekend. Here are some photos from the good time with our extended family:


Newest niece Millie!


My cutie with a cute baby. NO WE ARE NOT HAVING ANY MORE KIDS.


Mike chuckin' his kids around!


Now he's throwing my kids! (The campground had a pool.)


Back at our big group campsite, Millie started smiling at me!


... and then she sneezed.




Supper time at the kids table.


Trouble.



As I briefly mentioned is my last post, my wife didn't have a great night in the tent with us. Some G.I. issues hit her pretty hard, and she ended up NOT canoeing with us and then caught a ride back home with her brother before trying to spend another night in the tent. She finally started feeling a BIT better yesterday and was able to run home from work.


The morning of day 2.


Mike working the big ole' griddle to make us all breakfast!


Amish donuts from Grandma!


Brianna was having her 30TH BIRTHDAY, so the boys
were chasing her to give her all her birthday spankings.


Grandpa with Millie.


All 7 grandkids!

So without Mama (sad!) we hit the river:


Two of my brothers-in-law in front of me.


Our whole crew up there.


"Dirty Thirty" shirts for Brianna's birthday, and a
graduation cap for Steph who just got her masters!


Henry and his cousin Evie did GREAT together!


Grandpa and Grandma!




Proof Matt and I were there too! (In our sun shirts.)


Henry and Ev got turned around a lot, but they never tipped and just worked it out!


The "gummy burger" treat the Steph got for Charlie and Wes.




Henry and me!


Matt back there saving Steph (and the young boys) from a shallow spot.


More pushing through the shallows.


Standing on an "island" at on of our stops.


Many of them are peeing.


Ev (stupidly) challenged Matt to a fight...


... and then everyone else joined in, but Matt still won.


I love all the little cliffs.


The boys warming themselves in the sun.


Me and the other Matt (the new Dad).


It was a quiet ride back to the campgrounds.


Everyone in their Dirty Thirty shirts! :)

My wife left with her brother just after that photo and made it home before bed that night. I hung out by the fire with Millie:




High shorts. For some reason.


Another campfire.


Me morning of day 3 after I got back from my long run.


The boys dug a big hole as I packed up our tent and gear.


... and then they passed out on the drive back to Minnesota.

Here's a quick archive of all of the Kickapoo canoeing adventures that I could find posted on my blog over the years (kinda more for me than for you, but whatever): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.