Pics from the 'Spirit of White Bear Lake' 5K and 5 Mile

>> Monday, April 15, 2024

I found some photos online of last weekend's Spirit of White Bear Lake 5 mile where I PRed as an old man! (That's the link to my race report, and here's a follow-up post.)


They posted this photo of the lake the afternoon before the race:




Packet pick-up the morning of the race in the boat house!


Getting ready to start! I'm back there
on the line in the middle of the left lane.


Close-up. The guy in the blue tank (red beard) took 1st,
and the guy on the far right was 3rd behind me.


Go!!


Close-up. I'm right behind 794.


The next pic was this guy winning the 5K in 18:08.


Here's 2nd and 3rd in the 5K in 19:30 and 19:32! Close! (But far from 1st.)


The 1st female was 4th overall in 21:01.


I like this guy's style.


This mom and her kids were sweet pre-race.


Love a dad with a stroller!


The race t-shirts that I didn't pay for weren't that special
(in the yellow), so I didn't feel the need to get one.


For a moment, they had this guy and his friend finishing
in front of me in the 5 mile before they realized they did the 5K.


Another runner who runs "hot." I take off my shirt when it hits 50, but it was still in the 30s!


LEAD BIKER AND THE 5 MILE WINNER! (The guy in the blue.)


These next few photos show how close I was behind him (0:23).
Notice the guy in yellow in the 5K behind the winner...


... as he crossed the line, there was a guy in a black sweatshirt...


... and after that guy ran a bit farther, then I appeared back there!


Me back there passing a 5K finisher.


Awkward stride on me. Oh well.


Such a majestic creature about to hit the finish. Yikes.


Final shot of me running off the edge of the frame trying to find some air.


I passed Anne from our old gym and said "hi" in the last mile as she was doing the 5K!


3rd in the 5 mile over 2 mins behind me.


Flying!


Lots of runners.


A 47-year-old running sub-6:30s in the 5 mile!


Good solution to running with your number in your pocket!


Kirt G!


A casual stroll across the line (not looking like their having a good time...)


A surge to the finish!

That last guy I got of photo of in my race report and cheered to the finish.

Here's my race report if you missed it, and a follow-up post after the race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.