About Me and About This Blog

>> Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hi. I'm Steve. Sometimes I go by "Steve in a Speedo." You've found my blog. Well aren't you a big man?

I ran track and cross county in high school for 2 years until chronic heel injuries left me demoralized. I quit running altogether. (Click here for more on my running beginnings.)

I started running a bit more in college (a 3-mile run once a month or so) as I watched my fiancée (now wife) run marathon after marathon starting in the year 2000.


My wife and I before the 2007 TC Marathon
(her 8th straight TC Marathon)

My wife made her way into triathlons in 2004. And before I knew it, I found myself wanting to learn how to swim so I could try a tri as well.

She worked with me in the winter of 2005-2006 and taught me some freestyle (along with the "Total Immersion" DVD). I s-l-o-w-l-y gained confidence in the pool, and in July of 2006, I did my first triathlon: the Life Time Fitness Olympic Distance Triathlon in Minneapolis.



The rest, as they say, is history.

I did my first Ironman the year after that (Ironman Wisconsin 2007).

I placed in my age-group for the first time in 2008.

I had my first age-group win in a triathlon in 2010 (2:15 at the Liberty Oly).

And now I just train and race for fun, blogging about anything even semi-related to swim / bike / run along the way.


On my way to a 59:05 finish at the TC 10 Mile
in 2010 in my "Bowl Full of Sunshine" shorts


Racing the 2011 Gear West Duathlon in my "Tutti Frutti" shorts


ABOUT THIS BLOG:

My blog has been nominated 3 years in a row for RaceAthletes' "Best Endurance Blog of the Year," and it won 1st place in 2008:



"Steve in a Speedo" was in the top 100 "People's Health Blogger Awards" in 2008 for Wellsphere, and it took #1 in the "Triathlon" category:



In 2010, Steve in a Speedo was the runner up at the Bloggies:



My blog is in the top 3 "triathlon" blogs at RunningBlogs.com, and it's usually the top rated tri blog:



In 2012, "Steve in a Speedo" was named a "Top Healthy Living Site:"



In 2010, my blog was featured in "Midwest Events," a local endurance magazine:


Click here to be able to read this article

My blog had over 1,000,000 hits in 2011 according to Blogger (1,052,284 to be exact):



... and 1,389,715 hits in 2012. (And 1,062,191 hits in 2013.)

My Klout score is always floating around 60-62:


Find me on Klout.com.
(This was March of 2012 - since then I've usually been in the 61-63 range.)

I try to keep it light on Friday's by posting a few Friday Funnies. If you're lucky, they MIGHT even have something to do with swim / bike / run now-and-then. :)

Through the end of 2012, my blog has given away about $6,900 in gear and goodies to my readers through companies that want me to try out their product, review it, and then do a giveaway for my readers. I've given away Drymax socks, TYR transition bags, Ryders sunglasses, Sugoi tri suits, Gu gels (and Roctane gels), a Lazer Aero helmet, Skullcandy headphones, H2O Audio waterproof iPod gear, a CycleOps trainer, race entries, and shoe gift certificates (just to name a few - seriously, this is far from everything). If you're interested in having me review something and / or do a giveaway, click here to find out how to get in contact with me.

You can also follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SteveinaSpeedo

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Click here to contact me.
Click here to go to the "Steve in a Speedo" homepage.
Click here to follow me on twitter.
Click here to LIKE "Steve in a Speedo" on Facebook.

p.s. I think the slight surge late in 2011 in my blog hits was due to my cute little Henry (born in June 2011). I'm pretty sure some people stop by just to get their "Henry fix:"


Oct 2011 - Feb 2012

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my blog!

[Updated Jan 2014]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.