Winter BeGone Duathlon Results and More Photos

>> Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Official Results from the Winter BeGone Duathlon:

5K Run (3.1 miles): 19:20, 6:14/mile, 6th fastest 5K
T1: 1:02
Bike (19.5 miles): 1:04:24, 16th fastest bike
T2: 1:10
10K Run (6.2 miles): 41:33, 6:42/mile, 6th fastest 10K

Total Time: 2:07:27
10th Place out of 52 overall
2nd Place out of 4 in age group

To answer some questions from the previous post:

Kim, I have no ass. You asked how I did the bike ride in just running tights. But in the previous post, in the photos where you see me finishing, I’m actually wearing bike shorts under my tights. I just have no ass, so bike shorts make it look like I have a little sumthin’ sumthin’ back there. It’s a gift; it’s a curse; it is what it is.

J-Wim and Bubba, I’m sorry to admit that no suspenders, tighty-whities, or short shorts made it to the duathlon with me. This kinda upsets even me. I dress up all fun and weird for short, less intimidating events. This duathlon was the first REAL event of the year, so I dressed normally (just like I dressed normally for the half marathon in Jan). But, if it were warmer, the short shorts WOULD have made an appearance...

And Liz and Lisa, I forgot to mention in the previous post that the new Rudy Project helmet was great! I wore it, and DID NOT feel like a poser. I took off the “ear thingies” because they fall off easily when I slip the helmet on. I didn’t want to have to fiddle with them in transition, so I just left them at home. But the helmet was good. The slide-down visor was really nice to have out in that wind - I had it down the entire time. Now, I just need to find some great stickers, and plaster the bastard!

Here I am at the start (and Pharmie’s just behind me out of the frame):



And here I am in T1 getting my Rudy helmet on (and making a dorky face...)



Finally, here I am crossing the line:



For this next photo, I must tread lightly. I NEVER want to make fun of a newbie to the world of multi-sport. I’ve been known to make fun of posers (people who have an $8,000 bike but can only average 12 mph), but I would never make fun of someone stepping out and racing in their first duathlon. If you’re out there trying your first ever race, more power to you! Way to go! I do not want to be that over-competitive super-jerk. I’m always that guy that sticks around and cheers everyone into the finish line. (In fact, after I finished this du, I got 2 bottles of water and walked back to the finish line to give water to the guy that I chatted with and passed on the run - we talked for a few minutes after finishing.) So, instead of being a super-jerk, I won’t say anything about this next photo. I’ll just show you, and you can soak it in:



It kinda makes me feel a little bad. I may be going to hell.

36 comments:

Tri+Umph 8:42 AM, April 29, 2008  

Now, I want you to imagine that last photo if she had been wearing your new helmet.

(I'm going to hell with ya, Steve)

SWTrigal 8:43 AM, April 29, 2008  

Don't worry-you won't go to hell. You will just get old too someday!
:)

E-Speed 8:52 AM, April 29, 2008  

dude you ran my 5k and 10k prs, in a duathlon. I suck!

Great job out there!

TRI TO BE FUNNY 8:53 AM, April 29, 2008  

It hurts because we've all been here! Hell, that helmet position may actually provide MORE safety. Maybe she knows something we don't!!

Unknown 9:22 AM, April 29, 2008  

I'm literally crying sitting at my desk. Poor girl... wonder if anyone told her it was on wrong. That's one thing I can honestly say I've never done in all my years of biking, not even the first time I put the helmet on. If you are going to hell, at least you'll have company.

Bill 9:22 AM, April 29, 2008  

Airflow. It's all about airflow.

KodaFit 9:53 AM, April 29, 2008  

It could be worse... The photo could have been taken sans the bike...

I took off from T2 last weekend, and didn't realize my helmet was still on until after couple of hundred yards and several anxious family members yelling at me.

At least I had it on the right way!

Jeff 10:37 AM, April 29, 2008  

So, what's wrong with wearing your helmet that way?

Marcy 10:43 AM, April 29, 2008  

ROFLMAO! I hope she stalks your blog and hunts you down!! :P

Well, I'll meet you there. I have a first class ticket, no rest stops, we're going straight to the heart of Hell ticket :-X

nwgdc 10:57 AM, April 29, 2008  

she's probably actually really fast and was just looking to create a little more drag so she got a better workout.
i agree with Doug, it would have been AWESOME if she had your helmet on!

Born To Endure 11:02 AM, April 29, 2008  

OMG..I so was going to write about that whole helmet thing. I was out for a run this weekend and saw a person just like that...I mean seriously how hard is it to put your helmet on right?? LOL

trimybest 11:47 AM, April 29, 2008  

haha ha ha i see people like that all the time. i too once left my helmet on after the bike. it was hilarious. i was in 8th place overall going into t2 and was feeling awesome about myself keeping my head high and racing out transition only to have about a hundred people hell at me. "your helmet is still on!" i think they what they meant was "hey jackass youre an idiot!" i tossed my helmet to a stranger who gave it back to me after the race.

Unknown 12:06 PM, April 29, 2008  

I hope someone "kindly" told her that she needed to fix the helmet, as I doubt it would do her much good like that in a wreck. You're not going to Hell, Steve-o. This was just an amusing PSA.

21stCenturyMom 12:56 PM, April 29, 2008  

Oh my - I've worked transition before and I would not have let her out on the course like that. Then again - maybe she likes it like that!

You just have to wonder how many miles she had ridden before she showed up for this event - it must have been HARD!

Andra Sue 1:05 PM, April 29, 2008  

So, um, yeah...if you're going to hell, then so am I. TOTALLY trumps the slow girl with the aero helmet at my race this weekend. :) :) :)

Mendy 1:13 PM, April 29, 2008  

Poor girl. I can say that cause I can relate. Last year at my first tri, I first put my helmet on backwards and this dude told me to turn it around. I was so flustered in transition.

You're so going to hell. j/k

Great race report and always enjoy the pics! Congrats to all of you for your finishes.

SM 2:41 PM, April 29, 2008  

Hey its about safety. no matter which way you wear your helmet.

Lily on the Road 3:35 PM, April 29, 2008  

Yikes, I'll keep this n mind when I do my first Tri this fall!!! It's all about presentation!!!

and Shawn, you're right!!!

;^)

Triteacher 3:41 PM, April 29, 2008  

OH. MY.

I'll be in the handbasket with you. We took a picture of the man we dubbed "Naked Man" this weekend. He ran the marathon in shorts. In 28 degree, driving winds and snow.

Maybe it's whether or not you post the pic on your blog that determines your direction at the pearly gates...

Jumper 2.0 6:46 PM, April 29, 2008  

Oh great, the backward helmet thing is going to be the new "in" style. What's next, cocked to the side?

Cy 7:40 PM, April 29, 2008  

Way to be tough racing in MN this past weekend. I wimped out and had to leave town!

sRod 9:08 PM, April 29, 2008  

Man, that picture of you looks like it should be on the cover of a bike gear catalog.

Kate 10:04 PM, April 29, 2008  

I am still laughing. That made my day. I am going downstairs right this minute to show my husband.

Iron Jayhawk 10:32 PM, April 29, 2008  

Oh my god. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're going to hell, scoot over because I'm on my way there to join you.

TriGirl Thea 8:35 AM, April 30, 2008  

hehe
I think thats me in that last photo!

But you seem to have cut out the shopping basket on the front of the bike (its handy for the gels), and the streamers coming out the handlebars (makes it easier to find your bike in transition)

:p

brendaj 12:51 PM, April 30, 2008  

Thanks for the morning laughs. My husband has caught on film someone who was wearing their helmet over their swim cap!

Jumper 2.0 2:13 PM, April 30, 2008  

I'm just a little better about the name of the race though.

It should be "@#$#@!!*#@ winter be gone"

triguyjt 2:44 PM, April 30, 2008  

steve....you looked really blazing crossing the finish line..

how did your toes etc make it through the du???

Ryan 3:00 PM, April 30, 2008  

I can't believe it!!

That's my MOMMY!!

Mom, call me. I miss you!!!





I went and watched a local Tri this weekend.

2, yes 2 different people left T2 wearing their helmets for the 10k.

I did the nice thing and told them. My friend even offered to return it to their bike.



MOMMY, call me. I Luv U!

m 4:00 PM, April 30, 2008  

Ryan is f'n hysterical!!!!

Unknown 6:45 PM, April 30, 2008  

Hummm...fashion statement? Maybe? Still better than the loser kids where their pants down around their knees and thinking that's cool.

Sorry, no room for you in Hell...all full up.

Brian 7:13 PM, April 30, 2008  

That's an awesome photo of the girl with the helmet backwards. She took the time to get her ipod on ok. But helmet. nah.

Kathy 9:31 PM, May 05, 2008  

OMG! The Clyde is right...helmet fail!

K.S.
Indiana

Anonymous,  3:35 PM, February 28, 2010  

Not for the first time, she wondered what it was and why it was there. Hed tried to get his men to turn back, then, when they wouldnt, to fight. For a heartbeat, Nialdlye thought shed fall into Radins embrace and that Savous would follow. Nialdlye shook her head. Then she opened her eyes. Be proud of what you just accomplished. Needing reassurance, Eyrhaen glanced up at her former master. Appalled, Eyrhaens mouth fell open. Even after all shed done to push them away, they were still there for her. Her fists closed on the tasseled ends of her belt. He says we need to all make our choices, and his heart chooses you. Gods, I would hope not. It would be strange if she did. He kissed her before she could answer, lips pressing to hers. I love you, she murmured, needing to share the warmth in her heart. I can live with that. She was no stranger to compliments, nor protestations of devotion. In the time shed had with them, Eyrhaen had been a main point of discussion. Her race was born to breed. He weighed her breasts with his palms, squeezing gently.

Anonymous,  7:11 PM, March 19, 2010  

hot cousin sucking

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.