More Photos and a Spot-On Prediction

>> Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Here are a few more photos from the big weekend a week and a half ago. These are from Steph:








10 minutes after finishing, along with my hat,
shirt, 2 sub sandwiches, and 2 pieces of pizza.

Here are some “official” race photos:


Notice the guy shooting a snot-rocket behind me...




Look at how gross I look





Here’s a photo that Kona Shelly snapped of me talking about my penalty in the penalty tent:



Monday night, after driving back to St. Paul and teaching a 5 hour class, I crawled in bed and iced both knees:



A week after IM, I found this sweet, sweet present growing on my toe.


Yep, that toe hair to the left.
And a big nasty blister on the far side of the toe.

Last year, when Pharmie was getting ready to compete in her first IM, we were invited to Stu’s home for a pasta dinner. This is what I posted on my blog that evening:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...So I had a bit of a revelation tonight. I realized about 5 weeks ago that when we got out here for the Ironman, I could be sucked in. I figured I’d see the excitement and exhilaration that goes along with all of this, and I’d be hooked. I didn’t really want it to happen, but I was aware that it could.

And it has.

At Stu’s house, it took just over an hour for me to go from
“I’ll MAYBE do Ironman next year,”
to
“I’ll PROBABLY do Ironman next year,”
to
“I hope to finish Ironman next year in about 14 hours.”

Crap. I’m sucked it. I blame Sarah and Stu. Super crap...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow, not a bad prediction for this 13:53 Ironman finisher! And I don’t “blame” Sarah and Stu anymore. Now I thank them.

13 comments:

Born To Endure 7:32 AM, September 19, 2007  

That's nothing, my toe nails are starting to fall off from IMUSA...it's so cool eh?
AND Mr...which IM are you going to do for next year, there's only 2 left to enter..IMLou, or IMFLA??

Kim 8:06 AM, September 19, 2007  

loooooove the pictures! by the way, WTF is up with the running in a football stadium??????

gross blister and makes me cringe.

sooooo yeah awesome job again on that IM finish. what a rockstar.

Chris 8:21 AM, September 19, 2007  

Gah! First it's pictures of your skin from your blisters and now we get this!

Congrats again, IM. I think I do remember seeing you out there on the run course (there aren't many running in baggier type shorts), but I didn't put two and two together and realize it was you. Argh!

greyhound 8:26 AM, September 19, 2007  

So, when is your next one, oh hairless one.

:) 9:39 AM, September 19, 2007  

"So, when is your next one, oh hairless one?"

Except for the big toe, baby!!!

You da man, Steve-o...

Wedgie 6:42 PM, September 19, 2007  

I would kill to look as "gross" as you do in those photos.

Tracy 8:50 PM, September 19, 2007  

WHY must you have the last dangling pic be the blister pic?? Really so necessary? My friend these things must start a post as to allow sufficient clensing of the optic sensors by the time one's read is finished, lest one feel the nothing less than urgent need to go in search of some unicorn chaser in order to rid oneself of said brain stain.

I'm just saying, a little thoughtful arranging next time hmmm?

PS: Kick ass race my friend, you're a natural :)

Unknown 9:16 PM, September 19, 2007  

Running into the Badger stadium was my favorite part of doing the Crazylegs Classic this past spring - how fun!

RunBubbaRun 6:26 AM, September 20, 2007  

Okay, I think you've posted about every "natural" pic a person should never post about themselves.

So what's up with NO "speedo" pics.. Might have to change your blog title to MR. hairless baggy pants :)

Michelle 8:00 AM, September 20, 2007  

I most definitely expected the food shot. I actually thought there would be more (food that is, not gross toe pictures!).

Lance Notstrong 1:57 PM, September 20, 2007  

So Pharmie isn't going to insist on you staying with the hairless look?

Bigun 5:14 PM, September 20, 2007  

Everyone else could have fit thier shorts into your shorts.

Not sure which pic is more disturbing...the toe with the giant hydration sacks or your lathered body barely coverd by a towel...

Oly 9:37 AM, September 21, 2007  

Pizza and blowing snot rockets on da bike...two of my favorite things.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.