The Ride of a Lifetime

>> Monday, March 08, 2010

Well, we did it! Yesterday, Pharmie and I were part of a world record. The old world record was just over 600 people in a single spin class. Yesterday, Pharmie and I were 2 of 1,052 people in a spin class at the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis! Life Time Fitness ran the event, and it was dubbed "The Ride of a Lifetime." Here’s what it looked like as things were getting started:






Pharmie and I at the begining.


Pharmie and I both showing a little cleav after things started heating up.


The Guinness World Record Official, Kimberly Partrick, with her official clipboard.

Here’s a shot from Life Time showing everyone at work:



If you zoom in on that shot, you can see Pharmie and I:


Pharmie in the black, me in the blue.

One thing that Pharmie didn’t care for was the “go go dancer” who was dancing on stage. (Or “Miss Shaky” as Erik or Kerry said in the locker room after the ride - ha!) She was about 7 square inches of skin away from being considered a stripper. Sorry, but this is the best shot I got:


Yes, those are furry boots

I took a few short videos while we were spinning for those 2 hours. Here’s the 50 second highlight reel (and you can see just a little of Miss Shaky at the 45 second mark):


Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfKCqjIkl2I


I took a ton of photos during the event. If you want to see more photos, click here to check them out on my Examiner page.

After the event, I came home and crashed for 10 minutes. Kermit wanted to be cozy with me:


Dang, cozy cat! ;)

Alright, time to take it easy this week before the 10 miler on Saturday on my birthday, and the indoor tri on Sunday with the CVA Tri Club! Have a great week everyone!

28 comments:

Christi 8:11 AM, March 08, 2010  

Wow, that look like a very fun event! I hope you and Pharmie had a good time!

Heather 8:48 AM, March 08, 2010  

I saw the coverage for that on the new last night and said to my husband, "I bet Steve in a Speedo is there." He just gave me a blank stare. :)

ANNA 10:19 AM, March 08, 2010  

I didn't care for the 'go-go' dancer either. I'm not sure how she fit into everything.

Unknown 10:35 AM, March 08, 2010  

LOL .... show of hands from the guys .... who clicked on the Vid and immediately jumped to the 45 sec mark? **hand raised**

teacherwoman 10:43 AM, March 08, 2010  

Now that sounds like a great time. However, some of those bikes were pretty close... I can only assume there was some stinkiness going on in the hizzous.

Regina 10:46 AM, March 08, 2010  

I'm with Pharmie on the go-go dancer...WTF?

Looks like tons of fun otherwise.

Matt Ellenberger 10:55 AM, March 08, 2010  

I want that Hawaiian Punch shirt, thats awesome

GoBigGreen 11:01 AM, March 08, 2010  

And so the reason the go go dancer didnt have the uniform on ( cycling jersey) was???? Interesting....

Nice Hawaiian Punch shirt Steve:)

Steve Stenzel 1:21 PM, March 08, 2010  

Glad you guys like that shirt! ;)

And teacherwoman, it really wasn't that stinky! It DID get a bit warm, but it didn't smell too bad! (Even though it was so crowded that I was bumping elbows with the woman next to me!)

Jenny Halstead 1:22 PM, March 08, 2010  

I was Googling some other blog and came across this post. Nice work. I realize this is old news now, but I enjoyed reading it. Nice to see I'm not the only crazy Minnesotan.

Anonymous,  4:41 PM, March 08, 2010  

That cat's in LUV!

Anonymous,  5:16 PM, March 08, 2010  

P.S. What happened next? Let's hope it was consensual! Poor Kermit, gets it ALL.

X-Country2 6:58 PM, March 08, 2010  

What a cool thing to have done!

Rainmaker 9:55 PM, March 08, 2010  

Just one Go-Go dancer?

Carolina John 10:02 PM, March 08, 2010  

dude where are your priorities at? stripper! clean pics of the stripper!

Aimee 11:12 PM, March 08, 2010  

That looked crazy, but like so much fun! :)

carrieacampbell 7:12 AM, March 09, 2010  

The spinning class sounds like it was awesome! And wow, Kermit is one big kitty!!

Aileen 12:46 PM, March 09, 2010  

That looks terrifying! Seriously...neat, but terrifying.

Anonymous,  1:01 PM, March 09, 2010  

I hate stinky sports rallies. I'd much rather go running outdoors. By myself!

biker chic 7:21 PM, March 09, 2010  

are you sure that's not a dog?? your cat is at least as big as my dog!!

ShirleyPerly 8:50 PM, March 09, 2010  

Well, that type of event might have even got even me onto a spinning bike (something I try to avoid usually). Congrats on becoming part of history!

CoachLiz 8:52 PM, March 09, 2010  

What I want to know is where they were able to dig up all of those spin bikes (new ones at that) and where did they all go after the event? Was the Lifetime Fitness branded jersey part of your entry fee? Those ain't cheap!

Miss Shakey is hilarious. Shawty had those Apple Bottom jeans, boots with the FURRRR. Had the whole world lookin' at her...

The Boring Runner 12:52 AM, March 10, 2010  

Nice! That is a really cool idea. Now, you totally have to tell people that you are in the guiness book of world records.

By the way, is it just me or does that go go dancer have HUGE thighs? Eek

Sam 9:52 AM, March 10, 2010  

Well Done!! That would have been fun to participate in....minus the furry boot gal. :)

Chic Runner 1:28 PM, March 10, 2010  

HAHA I love the furry boot girl. Wow I would have died. Great job and congrats! That is pretty exciting!

Rebecca 9:21 AM, March 14, 2010  

that looked friggin awesome! do you get some kind of certificate from Guiness?

i kinda feel bad for the furry boot girl - imagine 1200 physically fit people staring at you dance for 2 hrs ... must've been kinda intimidating :-)

Jamie 11:09 PM, March 14, 2010  

I love that the dancer's boots cover more than her shorts. Perfect.

Those are some pretty hot legs though...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.