Photos of that Bright Speedo at Work!

>> Tuesday, August 10, 2010

If you haven’t had enough of that bright Speedo from 10 days ago, here’s some more.


Giving the “peace sign” early on in the bike


Matt riding in his second triathlon


Katherine looked stone-cold and focused all day!

With about a mile left in the bike, Katherine, Matt, and I were all within a few seconds of each other (as mentioned in my race report). The next photos were back-to-back-to-back because we were all right there with each other:


Still super-focused on the way back


Matt just behind Katherine


And me just behind Matt. And yes, I’ve been told by everyone that
my left knee tracks wide. It always has. I don’t know why.


This kid and I talked pre-race. I helped him convince
his friends that EVERYONE pees in the lake! ;)


Lydia (3rd female in the 1/3 Iron race) looking super focused too!
Jeez, what’s with these tough women in this race! ;)


Mario striding in to a 3rd place sprint finish


In pain on the run...


....but at least I look good bright.


Katherine STILL looking focused as she’s about to win the sprint race!


Matt = hot


Bill running with a smile! (Bill was the race director at this race
last year, but this year he got to enjoy the race as an athlete!)


Awkward finish-line shot. But at least they caught me hitting my watch! Yes!


Suzie looking rough and hot as she takes second in the 1/3 Iron race

I found three other photos that I’d like to use to make 3 different points.

1. Ponytails are your friend. Pharmie and I saw this women the week before at the Chisago race, and she raced Waseca as well. Her hair has to be soooooooo snarled / twisted / nasty after this:



2. Little known fact: Roller Blades are USAT sanctioned and legal in triathlons, but only in MN and WI:


(No, not really)

3. Reason #4,593,302 that I wish I had THESE:


YES! AMAZING!

Finally, there were 2 other photos I forgot to share in my race report. After the race, I threw on my khaki shorts over my Speedo for the awards. Needless to say, the shorts got pretty “funky” while sitting through awards and while driving 90 minutes home. So when I took them off, my cats fought over who got to enjoy the stank:



Then, I hopped in a gentle ice-bath. I didn’t buy any ice, but I just filled the tub with cold, cold water, and then added all the ice in my freezer:



If you missed it, click HERE to go to my race report from the Waseca Triathlon, and click HERE to see some more photos from that race.

Oh, and if you did see it, make sure to check on my great news in yesterday’s post. Thanks everyone!

8 comments:

RW 6:33 AM, August 10, 2010  

i love your cats!

one of mine likes to lick my armpits after a run...

CoachLiz 7:46 AM, August 10, 2010  

Hey, my boobs can't hold a water bottle! I stuck a bottle down my top one time in a race and frankly, it was not too comfortable sitting right against my sternum. I had no choice though, I had lost a bottle cage on the way to the race.

Why is it that all animals like swass???

Caratunk Girl 7:51 AM, August 10, 2010  

Holy crap those last few photos are a riot - do you think long skanky haired girl looks at her photos and thinks, YEAH that is a great race photo!

Boobs hold beer too.

CONGRATS on the coach!

Christi 7:56 AM, August 10, 2010  

I love the bright shorts! And yes that girl needs to invest in a pony tail holder. I don't know how she races like that!

Nat 9:26 AM, August 10, 2010  

The guy you are trying to convince to pee in a lake is Enoch - I am pretty sure that's him (pronounced E-knock), he takes the spin class that Amy and I are trying to convince you to try. He's amazing. Oh and my cat hates swass...I think she must be a giant priss because most cats love it.

Big Wally,  7:47 PM, August 10, 2010  

yyyaaaawwwnnn......

Fe-lady 3:47 PM, August 11, 2010  

Love the "candids" of the race...it drives me NUTS to see women with long hair and not in a pony tail or braids or SOMETHING. No, you do NOT look sexy with your long stringy hair flying all over the place.
Your cats look like mine-they curl up on our sweaty stinky stuff too. They like shoes the best.
And thank you for keeping your fancy shorts on in the ice bath! :-)

Mike Russell 1:12 PM, August 13, 2010  

Good hell my man, shave those legs already...

Mike

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.