RACE REPORT: Official Indoor Tri Results (Part 2)

>> Monday, February 26, 2007

So the official results are in! The scoring is simple: there are 100 athletes, and you get 1 point for each person you beat in each event. I earned 234 points, which was good enough for 13th! (See previous post for more details on the race, as well as a few photos.) One of my new tri buddies that I met at the triathlon earned the exact same score as me (K. Stauton). I was hoping for a top 15 finish, so I’m pretty happy. If I had decided earlier to kick a little more during the last half of the swim, I MAYBE could have gotten an extra length in the pool, which would have put me 9th overall. I checked my watch around lap 6, and I knew that I could ease into 19 lengths, or I could have really kicked from that point on and gone for 20 lengths.

“God, Steve, you did fine - stop figuring out how you could have done better and get over it.”

OK

Lifetime Fitness Indoor Tri Official Results:
• Swim: 40th overall (19 lengths)
• Bike: 21st overall (15.00 miles)
• Run: 8th overall (2.58 miles)
Overall Finish: 13th out of 100


7 comments:

RobbyB 10:14 PM, February 26, 2007  

Assuming this is Pharmie...“God, Steve, you did fine - stop figuring out how you could have done better and get over it.”

I'll offer an alternate view: if you're not looking for ways to get better, you won't. (I read that somewhere.)

Either way, you did great, backwards pedals, bitches, bum knee and all. Keep up the ice and stretching.

Pharmie 9:08 AM, February 27, 2007  

Nope, the voice wasn't me. I've been trying not to have one lately since there is a fine line between being encouraging, tough love, and so supportive that nothing ever gets done. Maybe later in the season, but not now with the knee. I am proud of you, though, Steve. Most of all, I'm glad you got home in one piece!

TriShannon 10:40 AM, February 27, 2007  

Lucky number 13... great job!

Now, to more serious issues. If you don't watch it I might hunt you down after bathing in Aqua Net hair spray and Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds purfume. :-)

teacherwoman 10:43 AM, February 27, 2007  

Once again, great job, Steve! Don't worry..you're not the only one looking for ways you could have done better after an event! That's how we stay on track and make goals for improvement!

RobbyB 11:41 AM, February 27, 2007  

Pharmie, sorry to put words in your mouth.

Steve, keep having fun. Because that IS what it's about.

Wedgie 11:51 AM, February 27, 2007  

Great job of course, but I just want to say I like the names "Fugleberg" and "Loudenslager."

RunBubbaRun 8:58 PM, February 27, 2007  

Great job.

I think you might be able to drop down a couple of steps if you shave your chest. Remember aerodynamics is "free speed" :)..

I'm still having furball images in my head from the last post.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.