LTF Indoor Tri Results

>> Monday, February 25, 2008

If you haven’t seen it, check out the previous post that contains my race report from the Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlon yesterday. The results were just posted online, and here’s how I did:



The scoring is based on how you are ranked with everyone else. There were 97 people total in the event, so if you went the farthest in the swim, you earned 97 points. If you got 10th in the bike, you earned 87 points. All 3 events are tallied to determine an overall score.

Place for each event:
- Swim: 22nd
- Bike: 18th
- Run: 5th
- Overall: 11th out of 97 Tied for 10th out of 97

I had hoped for a top-10 finish overall, so I didn’t quite make it. But, like I said in my last post, I PRed in all 3 categories, so I can’t complain. Oops. I thought I placed 11th like the results show. In reality, I tied for 10th, because we both have 239 points. I had hoped for a top 10 finish! Sweet! And I PRed in all 3 categories! Sweeter! Here are my numbers from last year, where I placed 16th:



And here are my numbers from 2 years ago, where I placed 25th:



...So I guess I'm getting better!! I hope to see some of the folks that I met yesterday at some outdoor tris this season! And don’t miss the previous post with more race details (and sweaty boobs). Thanks all!

20 comments:

Theoutofshapeguy 11:59 AM, February 25, 2008  

Congrats on the PR's. You were nasty fast like having sex with carrot top! (By far the most interesting/funny analogy I've recently heard)

Kim 12:28 PM, February 25, 2008  

so. to recap:
last year: guac/hershey squirts

this year: sex with carrot top

man, i wish i lived your life.
congrats on the PR. i think if you polished off 10 bowls of wheaties, you may have made top 10 :)

monica 3:05 PM, February 25, 2008  

nice numbers steve!! i predict you're in the top 10 next year!!!

CoachLiz 4:24 PM, February 25, 2008  

Hmmm...

Each part was 10 minutes long? You got 10 minutes for each Transition? The resistance was set for each bike? How could they set all the bikes all at the same resistance?

Interesting concept. Tell me more about the set up of the event

Taconite Boy 4:39 PM, February 25, 2008  

your turning into steve in a speedy hot speedo...

Tac means that in a purely metrosexual way

teacherwoman 7:51 PM, February 25, 2008  

Holy crap! Nice job and what progress you have made!

Small world though.. the guy that took 10th? I know "of" him!

I can't wait to do my tri in Maple Grove in March! :)

tracie 8:50 PM, February 25, 2008  

way to go! not only PRs in all three events but 11th overall! :) great job!

Anne 9:51 PM, February 25, 2008  

That performance deserves a chalupa! I think it's so cool that you folks way up north do indoor tris like this. Makes me (almost) jealous.

IronMin 10:49 PM, February 25, 2008  

Great placement and congrats on the PRs. I love reading about the different events you do. The indoor stair race, this indoor triathlon...you do cool things in the winter. :) It's very inspiring. Although I noticed you weren't wearing the whitey tighties in this race...

Michelle 4:54 AM, February 26, 2008  

Good job Steve. Getting better every year!

Dana 7:04 AM, February 26, 2008  

Thanks for the well wishes & great job on improving every year.

Peter 9:29 AM, February 26, 2008  

Steve, looks to me like you were top 10. There was a tie at 239 points. In my book that places you at 10T. What am I missing?

Stef0115 11:44 AM, February 26, 2008  

Nice Job! So exciting to see the improvement stacked up in black and white like that. Three PRs too!

John 2:17 PM, February 26, 2008  

Great numbers... nice burritos!

(From the previous post!)

J~Mom 3:25 PM, February 26, 2008  

Congrats!!! Great steady improvement you have shown!

Thanks for the recap of the indoor triathlon, they have them here and I wondered exactly how they work.

brendaj 11:16 PM, February 26, 2008  

Nice job, sweaty boobs and all!

jahowie 9:13 AM, February 27, 2008  

Great job!! You kicked some serious tail!!

ShirleyPerly 1:01 AM, February 28, 2008  

Yeah, baby! Interesting how they did the points thing.

RunBubbaRun 5:39 AM, February 28, 2008  

Great job MR. Undi speedy guy person.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.