>> Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Some say this will jinx the whole race. Whatever. I don’t believe that stuff. Here’s what I’m THINKING I can do on Sunday ON A GOOD DAY, comparing my predictions to my past 2 Half IM splits:
1.2 Mile Swim:
- 2007: 44:35
- 2008: 38:13 (maybe a little short)
- NO Prediction: 39:30
56 Mile Bike:
- 2007: 3:05:13
- 2008: 2:54 (short - around 3:00 if correct distance)
- NO Prediction: 2:50 (18.5 mph)
13.1 Mile Run:
- 2007: 1:48
- 2008: 1:53
- NO Prediction: 1:40
- 2007: 9:08 total
- 2008: 7:57 total
- NO Prediction: 9:00
- 2007: 5:47:13
- 2008: 5:33:58 (but a little short overall)
- NO Prediction: around 5:20??
Notes on those splits:
- Bike!?!? I’ve been on my new bike, Goldilocks, for 2 whole outdoor rides. I’ve spent a good amount of time on my trainer and in spin classes, but it’s the bike portion of the day that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT!! Training for a Half IM over the winter in MN leaves many questions.
- In 2008, I did the run in a Grim Reaper outfit, so that’s why my run was 5 minutes slower (even though I was in better running shape). Remember this?
If I can find a nearby WI-FI spot in NO, I hope to post a few quick posts and photos when we’re down there. So check back Friday through Monday to see what’s going on!! I CAN’T WAIT!!! Wish us all luck!!