Moist Duathlon Photos

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The official photos are up from our wet and wild duathlon this past weekend (the Winter BeGone Duathlon near Rochester MN). Here’s transition after the rain stopped, as it was emptying out just before the start:



We all walked to the start. Here’s 115 people waiting to start:



Ready, set, go:



Here’s Steph starting her FIRST EVER MULTI-SPORT EVENT:



Here are the leaders rounding the first corner. I’m peaking through the middle:



Here’s Matt in the first run:



Here’s Pharmie:



Here’s the majority of the pack running out, and you can see Borsch and Steph side-by-side:



Here I am a few minutes later, running into transition:



My fingers were numb, and I had to fumble with the chinstrap of my helmet for a few too many seconds:



Leaving T1 in about 10th place:



Goldilocks (my bike) had 2 of her twin sisters there:



Here’s Matt headed out on the bike:



Pharmie leaving T1:



Here’s Borsch’s SWEET flying start! Both of his feet are off his pedals, and you can still see daylight under his junk. Way to go, Borsch!



And here’s Steph heading out:



Pharmie a few miles into the bike:



Borsch...



...and Steph:



Here I am AWKWARDLY getting ready to dismount:



That was one of the last photos in the album. If they put up some finishers photos, I’ll make sure to post them.

After the race, Matt, Pharmie, and I loaded up my car and headed back. We were wet and stinky. So I’ve been trying to air all the stank out of my car. I think I need to Febreeze the heck out of it.

I have some big/fun triathlon news to share with you all shortly. No, there’s no IM in my future, nor even another Half IM in my near future. I’m waiting until it becomes more official, but I’ll share the news as soon as I can. I’m pretty stoked!!...

In the meantime, if you didn’t see my race report, check out my post below. Thanks everyone!

25 comments:

teacherwoman 6:59 AM, April 29, 2009  

You always have great photos to post! Love it!

Can't wait to hear about your triathlon news... what could it be?!

Marlene 7:15 AM, April 29, 2009  

Lots of great pics there!

What are those rainbow hats so many people are wearing? Must be a multi-sport thing...

Can't wait to hear this news.

Carly 7:21 AM, April 29, 2009  

great action shots! you have a great race paparazzi!

Steve Stenzel 7:29 AM, April 29, 2009  

Marlene, the rainbow beanies are the "official" race hats that they gave out. Being it was such a nasty day, many people wore them for the race!

Trisaratops 7:50 AM, April 29, 2009  

O how I hate u.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You'd think I'd be desensitized by now...

;)

duchossois 7:55 AM, April 29, 2009  

Thanks for all the great photos Steve!

Carolina John 8:10 AM, April 29, 2009  

Great pics steve. looks like you guys really powered through a tough day.

b 8:10 AM, April 29, 2009  

One question Steve is did that red arrow follow everyone around on the soggy duathlon race day? :-) congrat's to all for finishing strongly in those extreame weater conditions...looks similar to the cycling 30k TT I did a couple weeks ago...very soggy!

nwgdc 8:12 AM, April 29, 2009  

Umm why are you the only MALE on Goldilocks?

Lindsay 8:34 AM, April 29, 2009  

you score a sponsor? ;)

great pics as always. love how you found half of your leg in the one pic and shared it. only you.

Shannon 8:45 AM, April 29, 2009  

It looks muddy & cold...fun I guess....LOL...Nice Photos.

CoachLiz 9:10 AM, April 29, 2009  

Fantastic photos! I can't even imagine doing a multi-sport race in Texas wearing all of that clothing.

Can't wait to hear your fun triathlon news!

X-Country2 9:25 AM, April 29, 2009  

The photos were great, but your commentary is even better. :o)

trimike,  9:32 AM, April 29, 2009  

All of you guys rock for finishing this race under those conditions.

I think i would have cuddled up in my car, put the heater on extra high, get home asap and climb on the Dreadmill ;-)

Good on ya.

SM 10:30 AM, April 29, 2009  

Nice pictures as always!!!! Whats the news?????

Amy - the gazelle 11:26 AM, April 29, 2009  

I just hope you're finally getting that parrot....

Missy 11:45 AM, April 29, 2009  

Bless IT, what a day! You guys get a prize just for doing it, how ugly. BUT, always makes for a good story. Nice work. Can't wait for the news.

BTW, are those girls riding the twins???

T 12:37 PM, April 29, 2009  

wooo, that is soggy! great pics, though.

Formulaic 12:45 PM, April 29, 2009  

Awesome pics! They really show how horrible it was.

I like the one with Steph starting her run. Is that girl in blue wearing a full length winter parka!

Holy crap that's gotta be tough!

Gotta Run..... 12:49 PM, April 29, 2009  

What... you leave us with a big secrect to come.... not fair!!!

btw - love all of the pics. your dismount takes the cake.

Brian 12:56 PM, April 29, 2009  

that would make for a messy transition to bike shoes. especially with your speedplays. i know mine are hard to clip in with mud in them.

Run For Life 3:08 PM, April 29, 2009  

That puddle is MASSIVE!!! I hope your car doesn't stink for too much longer, that has got to be gross.

Michelle 7:15 PM, April 29, 2009  

I don't know why but my mind is stuck on Febreeze! The car!! YIKES!!!

Great photos dude!!

Judi 7:26 PM, April 29, 2009  

WHO takes all the most awesome pix? The 1st one of pharmie is kick ass. she looks so good!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.