Pre-Race Swim in the Red Sea!

>> Thursday, January 16, 2014

Look at this. Just look:


Direct link: http://youtu.be/jspbn9sVTp0

Yep, that was video taken by me earlier today in Eilat, Israel. We had to test out the water in the Red Sea before the race tomorrow. The vast majority of that was taken in water that was 10ish feet deep, but because it's so clear, it looks like it was maybe 5-6 feet deep (at the 0:48 I swam down quite a ways and I still hadn't reached the bottom).

There's 4 out of our group of 5 seen in this video:

You can see me swimming past at the 0:38 mark (thanks for filming that, Nick).

That's NICK floating around at the 0:30 mark, and then swimming at the 0:42.

And that's BEN (in a tiny Speedo) at the 1:00 mark swimming over me.

Finally, it ends with a clip of TIM swimming off into the sun.

Oh, and that's not some sort of battleship out in the deep water that you catch a glimpse of a few times. It's just a big ass yacht with a helicopter on it. Really. What a life.

TIME FOR BED SOON!!! I'M RACING THE 70.3 RELAY (as the swimmer) TOMORROW MORNING!!!!

(Note: the race starts at 6:30 a.m. on Friday here in Israel. But that's 10:30 p.m. on Thursday for everyone back in Minnesota. So check back late Thursday night or early Friday morning for race updates! I've been pretty regularly updating my twitter and instagram pages, so check those.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.