7 Days Until Grandma's Marathon!

>> Saturday, June 14, 2008

Seven: In first grade, during a spelling test, I used a trick to spell seven. I realized that it was just like “Steven” but without the “v.” Looking back, I think I just figured out why I got that one wrong...

Seven: Here are seven shocking/funny/random photos from my blog from the past year. Enjoy.


My “before and after” photo of going
hairless for Ironman WI 2007


Getting home after a bloody nose 4 miles from home


Cheering at the TC marathon (I’m the cock)


Getting body marked for IM WI
(This is the most serious photo even taken of me!)


Popped blood blister after my half-marathon in January


Ice covered after a 6 below 12-mile run


Red marks from my cat licking the sweat off me

10 comments:

sRod 6:32 AM, June 14, 2008  

That blister one still disturbs me. I've never gottena blister that can even remotely compare to the grossness of that one. And--knock on wood--I never will.

Jade Lady 7:14 AM, June 14, 2008  

Best photo? I like you as the ice man!

The bloody ones are too raw for me!

Kate 8:55 AM, June 14, 2008  

Steve~
These posts are so awesome. I keep coming back each day to see what the next one is. Good luck at the marathon. I have a feeling you are going to be wonderful.

PS Congrats on your Runners World debut!

Meg 11:27 AM, June 14, 2008  

These are great!
I mistakenly sent the "reasons bike shorts are black" post to a guy friend of mine. I think it burned his eyes! I'm never going to hear the end of that!

teacherwoman 2:28 PM, June 14, 2008  

I remember each and every one of the posts those pictures came from too! I still chuckle.

Spokane Al 5:35 PM, June 14, 2008  

I trust you will understand when I say there are days when I scroll through your posts very quickly. Today was one of those days.

Judi 6:22 PM, June 14, 2008  

Awesome pics - love your blog. Just found it via some other triathlete and I can't remember who's it was now.

chia 10:14 PM, June 14, 2008  

I had fallen asleep stretching after my long run last weekend and was awakened by the cat removing the skin from my face with his little sandpaper tongue.

We should form a support group for this kind of thing :-).

Once again, best wishes!!!

CoachLiz 2:40 PM, June 15, 2008  

Shazam!

Those were some intense photos. The blister one is a "Gag me with a Ginsu" photo.

21stCenturyMom 5:17 PM, June 17, 2008  

Your logic on that spelling test sounds so much like me. I had to laugh. The pictures did less to make me laugh - ew! But thanks for reminding me that candor is the bigger part of valor - or something like that.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.