Instead of Working Out

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

Not much has changed with my foot. It’s SLOWLY feeling a little better, but not nearly as quickly as I’d hoped. So this past weekend, instead of working out, I went camping and canoeing down the Kickapoo River in WI with all of Pharmie’s family.

Before going canoeing, I iced my sore foot in an ice-cold creek. Can you tell which foot spent 20 minutes in the cold, cold water?



Before hitting the river, Pharmie helped her brother Matt make some sweet Daisy Duke’s:






Matt and Dean in tiny life vests

On Saturday morning, we hit the river. The best part of canoeing is stopping along the river at little “play spots.” Pharmie’s cousins and I love to jump in:


On a sand bar with 2 young ens


Running...


...flying...


...splashing.


Jumping with Ben...


...flying with Ben...


...splashing with Ben. How is HIS splash bigger?!?

Matt showed off his pale legs:



This next photo is maybe the best one from the weekend. Pharmie’s godchild had a broken leg, so she had a cast wrapped in plastic. Here I am with her on my shoulders, along with 2 of Pharmie’s siblings. Pharmie’s not even in this photo, but I STILL want this to be our Christmas Card Photo this winter:


Super Duper.


Pharmie and I


With cousins


Walking the slippery slopes back to the canoes

Then Ben and I found another place to jump:


Climbing...


How did Ben get up there so fast?...


Thinking about it...


...flying.


Pharmie and Matt after a long day on the river

Then, yesterday morning (Father’s Day), I manned the griddle on the camp stove and made pancakes for the whole gang. Here was my father-in-law’s order:


One of each: blueberry, plain, and chocolate chunk

I’m hoping to rest more this week, and then see how the foot pain is doing by this weekend. I haven’t done ANYTHING since the Oly Tri 9 days ago, and I’m getting a little antsy. OK, time to go stretch a little. Happy Monday!

11 comments:

Matt 7:48 AM, June 21, 2010  

The look on your cousin's face while you and Ben are jumping in the river is PRICELESS.

Martin 7:56 AM, June 21, 2010  

Awesome pictures! I want to go Canoeing!

The Triathlon Rx 9:00 AM, June 21, 2010  

Sounds like a blast!! The boy and I went camping this weekend too, but only to Baker. 20 minutes out of the cities, but still feels "far away."

I'll be prayin for you and your foot!! ;)

Regina 12:04 PM, June 21, 2010  

man that looks like fun!

X-Country2 12:39 PM, June 21, 2010  

Looks like a great trip!

JC 1:29 PM, June 21, 2010  

Those pics ROCK! What a fun adventure with the family!

GoBigGreen 3:09 PM, June 21, 2010  

you and pharmie are so dang photogenic:) keep icing...it will get better!

Char 2:38 AM, June 22, 2010  

Love the name of the river - Kickapoo!!? Seriously - who named it?

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 11:23 AM, June 22, 2010  

Awesome post and pics steve! You hairless = me turned on! Is that gay? I'm fine if it is! Hope things are well, hope to see you really soon...

CoachLiz 8:00 PM, June 22, 2010  

Tell Matt he has some SEXY legs! Looks like great fun!

Julie 2:33 PM, June 24, 2010  

What a fun day! I am loving all of the pics:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.