What’s Better Than a “Top 3” Finish?...

>> Tuesday, November 24, 2009

... stealing the very top spot, that’s what! Chalk this up as my first “triathlon” win:



• 4th in the swim
• 2nd in the bike
• 1st in the run
• 1st overall by 1 point!

Hannah did GREAT too! Back in March, out of the same number of athletes (60), she finished 52nd overall. This weekend, she moved up to 46th overall! She did that with a great bike (33rd overall), and a solid run that was 0.21 miles better than in March!! (from 1.82 to 2.03 miles in 20 minutes) That’s a GREAT improvement! Congrats Hannah! You should be proud!

That triathlon, albeit “indoor” and seemingly non-threatening, really beat us up:

Yesterday, my lower back was KILLING me!! Spinning at a cadence of 160 for 30 minutes and then going on a hard 20 minute run is a way to destroy your back! Walking up stairs and opening doors (or any kind of reaching out) hurt like a mother! Let’s hope it’s better today.

Hannah said she bent down to pick up her cat and she got stuck in a squat. I laughed in her face without telling her how sore I was. Here’s the bruise from yesterday on Hannah’s leg from when she slipped out of the pedals on the bike:



Here are my 3 wounds from the triathlon:


Where the pedal “bit” me as I was finishing the spin.
You can see it a little in the last photo of me running in my race report.


Somehow I did this while getting my bike set up while still in T1.


Yeah, my foot is one giant “hot spot.” And yeah, those are blisters.

(One last thing: my “internet buddy” Jill is a member of Team in Training, so she’s trying to raise $4000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Today [Tuesday] she’s blitzing every outlet she knows as she’s trying to raise $500 today alone. Click here to help her reach her goal! Thanks!)

16 comments:

Ryan 6:27 AM, November 24, 2009  

Runners...pfft!

Ha!

Congrats, and remember...a win is a win, one point or not!

kristen 6:50 AM, November 24, 2009  

Congratulations! I agree with Ryan- a win is a win.

Now if only I didn't have to see your hairy toes every time I come here...oh wait, that's what keeps us all coming back!

Kim 7:49 AM, November 24, 2009  

woohooo winner winner chicken dinner! what did you get as a prize?

Maria 7:55 AM, November 24, 2009  

hey...congrats on the win! a win is a win no matter by how big of a margin and this is impressive. obviously wins come with a price and your body paid it dearly. loved the race report yesterday!

duchossois 9:03 AM, November 24, 2009  

Steve 'The Beast' Stenzel! Huge congratulations. You earned that win.

Joel VK,  9:17 AM, November 24, 2009  

I thought triathletes shaved their legs. What's up with that?

CoachLiz 12:19 PM, November 24, 2009  

Hello!!??!! 160 rpm on a spin bike and you wonder why your back hurts??!!?? Good grief, the max rpm you should go on those things is 110 rpm. The sensors must go by wheel revolutions rather than power output.

And by the way, I thought you got a whole box of free socks last year. I saw the bloody toe sock from the bike but did you wear socks on the run? I feel sorry for your feet. I have not had a blister in a year and that was after running the San Antonio Rock n' Roll Marathon.

Ann 2:45 PM, November 24, 2009  

Awesome. Congratulations!!!

Missy 5:15 PM, November 24, 2009  

Please keep your feet to yourself, gawd!

Congrats - winning is winning that's the #1 spot baby.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 8:13 AM, November 25, 2009  

Remeber Matty Reeds WIN over Andy Potts at LTFTri....Milliseconds and a win!

Anonymous,  2:14 PM, November 26, 2009  

Like the gross foot photo, and the hairy leg knee shot is pretty hot too.

Crazy ankles, too.

Maggs 9:19 PM, November 26, 2009  

Congrats perfect way to end your season. O

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.