>> Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Every once and I while, I feel the need to write about how good / bad something is. And sometimes, when I’m real lucky, companies will send me something to try out and write about. Below are brief descriptions of different reviews along with links to the more complete review.
• "Does It Work" Series. This is a series of 11 "mini-reviews" I did on products / gear / creams / gadgets that I've used. I gave each item a grade of A+ through F. Click here to be taken to the posts tagged with "does it work?"
Roctane, Topricin, Aquaphor, "old-school" running shorts, compression technology, YakTrax, and much much more
• GoLite DriMove BL-3 Longsleeve Zip. Warm, cozy. Good flap at the top of the zipper to keep it from digging into your neck. I'll reserve it for sub-0 runs. Click here to see more of a write-up on it.
• Nutrilite tour and health assessment. On Nov 14th, 2009, my wife and I got to tour the Nutrilite facilities in CA, as well as receive a very individualized health assessment. Part 1: out on their campus, Part 2: results of my health assessment (and my final thoughts).
• SUGOi compression tights, tri top, and tri shorts (among other things). I LOVE the tights - they are the best! I’ve only barely been able to try out the top and shorts. Click here to see the write-up.
• SUGOi Velocity tri suit and Saucony Grid Sinister racing flats. The tri suit it FAST, but can get a little warm (like many tri suits). The shoes are also FAST, but my feet can only take a 10K in them - anything longer and my feet get too sore. Click here to see the write-up.
• Monkey Shake, FRS Supplements, and more. Monkey Shake is my new “go to” recovery drink. FRS makes a great concentrate, but I don’t care for some of their other stuff. Click here to see the write-up.
• YakTrax. KEY for running outside in MN in the winter! Click here to see the write-up. (BTW, I use the "YakTrax Pro" which have the velco strap over the top.)
• “Powerhouse Hit The Deck” Workout. Great, inexpensive, quick “Cross-fit” style workout, but focuses a lot on the lower body. Click here to see the write-up.
• Drymax Socks and Zeal Sunglasses. Love the socks, and love the sunglasses; I have a bit of a narrow head, and the sunglasses say put! Click here to see the write-up.
• Drymax Running Socks. 95% if my runs take place in Drymax socks. Enough said. Click here to see the write-up.
• Hair Removal Creams. If you need to be smooth, here are some options. I used “Hansen’s for Men” and “Nair for Men.” Click here to see the write-up.
(Note: in the name of full disclosure and the Oct 2009 change in FTC ruling, I must note that all of these products and services were sent to me to try out for free. [Except for the hair removal cream which I purchased myself.] However, I was not paid for any of these remarks.)
Want me to write something about your product? Send me an e-mail:
stevestenzelphotography [at] yahoo [dot] com