Bright Shorts (and Friends) from the Duathlon

>> Thursday, May 05, 2011

I just looked though the race photos from Minnefota Moments. Here are some photos (in chronological order) from the Falls Duathlon on Saturday:


About a 1/4 mile into the run. I'd moved up to 6th (4th from left).
Chad Millner (the leader) is already out of the frame.


Me, Chad May, and Mario. Both those guys beat me.
I caught Chad last year on the final run, but he held me off this year!


Matt during the first run.


Starting the wet ride with a smile!


Little known fact: Matt's "I'm-going-hard-on-the-bike" face is
the same as his "I'm-going-hard-on-the-toilet" face. ;)


Chad May taking a shower out of T2.
Sure, it was a damp day, but I got hot too!


Reaching for some water out of T2.


Matt hitting the run.


Working HARD as I had just passed someone in the final 100 meters.
What happened to my hair?... Sheesh.


Sprint to the finish. Arrrrgh - that damn pinky finger
of mine is being all "dainty" again. Damn it.


Julie (who I was battling with) heading to the finish.


Matt in the final kick, with his tongue out. When the tongue is
involved, you KNOW you're working! (That's what she said.)

Here are a few others worth noting:

I saw this 11-year-old kid out on the ride (after I turned around) and then again when he hit T2. He did the entire duathlon by himself on a BMX bike:



Make sure to have your helmet fully adjusted pre-race. Don't let this be you:



I mentioned in my race report on Monday that the eventual winner (Chad Millner) rubbed my shorts pre-race for good luck. Chad's a great guy. The ONE THING that bugs me is how EASY he makes it look!! Here he is nearing the finish of the race while setting a course record after running the final 3 miles in 17:06!! It looks like he's out for a little weekend stroll!!!




Nice work, Chad!

5 comments:

kristen 8:07 AM, May 05, 2011  

Proof that Chad is working hard (and I'm basing this on the fact that my husband does the same thing...so it might not actually be true): look at his left wrist in that first picture. That "kink" in the wrist means "I'm tired and working".
You're dainty, he's kinky :)

Carolina John 11:53 AM, May 05, 2011  

Great pics steve! Matt is going to pop out a nice turd for sure with that face on the bike.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman 5:23 PM, May 05, 2011  

Holy Cow Chad! That's one impressive run let alone having done it after a separate run and bike.

Anavar 5:58 AM, May 08, 2011  

Great pics, nice to know I'm not the only one with the toilet seat look when aproaching my limit on thriatlon.

Ana

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.