Photos from the Liberty Triathlon

>> Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I checked Minnefota Moments last night, and the photos were in! Here are some of Pharmie and I, as well as some random ones for fun...


Cute photo of us taking a photo of us


Zipping up Pharmie


Pharmie in the middle, waiting to start


Waiting around got CHILLY!


Hey! You! Yeah you! We all know what you’re doing! ;)


Pharmie exiting the water

Someone on BeginnerTriathlete.com said something very true about the race afterwards: “You need to remember that swimming is evil and will always find a way to disappoint us.” I loved that so much that I tweeted it. So here’s a photo of me leaving T1 while TRYING to leave that disappointing swim in the past:


I rarely look so focused / determined / constipated


Pharmie leaving T1


Out on the bike (with one of the 2 guys I leap-frogged all day)


Pharmie eating a granola bar (remember, she was doing the 70.3)

We got off the bike, ran about 200 meters, and then had a big uphill on a woodchip trail. That’s ALWAYS fun. Here’s the view looking down the trail from almost half way up:



And here’s a shot from later in the day from the same spot, only looking up the hill. You can’t quite see the top (it's farther up and to the right [that's what she said]):



Anyway, here I am most of the way up that hill in the early part of the run:


Helmet hair. It’s “in” right now.

And here I am coming back down with just a few hundred meters to go. I was D. O. N. E. I still haven’t figured out why, but I’ve noticed that my pinky finger sticks out when I sprint:


So dainty

Side note: Here’s a photo from near the finish of the Monster Dash 10 Mile last fall, and you can see the same pinky sticking out! What’s my deal?!?



Anyway, here I am hitting the line 8th overall and 1st in my AG:




Awkward. And a bit “penisy.”

I hung around with all these folks while waiting for Pharmie to come in:


Cathy, Katie, Erik, Julie, Mark, and Jen (who just finished 2nd in the 70.3)

Soon, Pharmie hit the finish line:




Yay Pharmie!!

In other news, these 2 were up to no good in transition:


Seriously, why do they look so guilty?

And finally, this might be the best sequence I’ve ever seen among race photos! He ends up smiling, so I feel like he’d be OK with me poking gentle fun at him. (I mean no disrespect to him - this is all in jest.) Here, let’s see if we can hear what’s going though his head by looking at these photos as he’s exiting T1:


“What?...”


“Why’s everyone yelling at me?...”


“Oh!! My aero helmet’s on backwards!!”


“Silly me!” *awkward blush*

Good stuff! I hope you got your helmet figured out and had a good race #559! (Footnote: I just looked up his results. He finished in 2:30 with a solid race. I don’t think the helmet held him back at all...)

Like I noted in my race report on Monday, you can click here to see my Examiner article about the race, along with a bunch of other photos. Thanks everyone!

10 comments:

Julie 7:16 AM, June 16, 2010  

Wow, these are great pictures! I really like the ones of you and Pharmie together:) Thanks for sharing!

CoachLiz 8:06 AM, June 16, 2010  

YUP! I like it as the statement says at the bottom of your post.

That first pic of you and Pharmie is super cute. I think you need that on your fridge. Next best photo is of the two peeps up to no good in the transition area. They look like they are moving people's gear around or hiding their shoes.

Congratulations on your AG win!

Kim 9:06 AM, June 16, 2010  

love those pictures. particularly you and pharmie of course, the guilty couple in transition and the aero helmet guy!

Tri-James 9:32 AM, June 16, 2010  

The helmet guy does look like a good sport! It is all fun and games.

Betsy 10:04 AM, June 16, 2010  

My FB status yesterday was something about USAT outlawing Race Photos....thank you for not choosing any randoms of me from Saturday. YUCK!

Aimee 2:54 PM, June 16, 2010  

Great pictures! Ha ha..that poor guy and his helmet! :)

Chic Runner 3:48 PM, June 16, 2010  

Great pics! I love the one of you and pharmie and awesome job out there with your first in AG! ;)

RunningLaur 10:41 PM, June 16, 2010  

That first photo is absolutely adorable. I think I'd have that blown up on a wall somewhere. Well, if it were a picture of me and my other. It'd be kinda creepy if it was THAT photo.

Sean 8:08 AM, June 18, 2010  

I agree. That first photo is superb!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.