I Sprint Like a Goof-Ball

>> Monday, June 01, 2009

More photos turned up from the Apple Duathlon 9 days ago. Here’s Pharmie and I (she’s to the far right) getting ready in transition before the race:



Here’s the start of my wave. I’m to the far right:



Pharmie and buddy Ann started a few waves later:



I ran into T2:



Pharmie sprinted to the finish:



I sprinted to the finish with this STRANGE stride. What the hell is this?!?



Here I am a few seconds later, and my stride STILL looks like that of a duck:



I my last post of race photos, Coach Liz commented “Too bad they did not get your Pirate shot or the famed shot of you hitting your watch at the finish line.” Oh, but they did. It’s not that they got one or the other - they got the “one-legged pirate shot” JUST AS I was hitting my watch! It was a “twofer!” Race photos don’t get any better than this!!


13 comments:

Carolina John 8:42 AM, June 01, 2009  

haha, those are great. love the pirate watch.

Marlene 10:16 AM, June 01, 2009  

Those are SOME photos!

Jess 11:45 AM, June 01, 2009  

I didn't know ducks sprinted :)

Anonymous,  1:38 PM, June 01, 2009  

Love the pirate photo! Race pictures are just so flattering, aren't they? haha

Trishie 6:26 PM, June 01, 2009  

wow... just .. wow !

jen 8:48 PM, June 01, 2009  

Haha, you kind of look like you are stomping. Like a giant. If I could replicate that and run anywhere near as fast as you... then Fee Fi Fo Fum!!

mthead 11:59 PM, June 01, 2009  

So funny, I have these dreams every so often where I'm running as hard as I can and going nowhere. That's what my stride looks like ;)

Take heart though, you are going somewhere.

Maggs 12:09 AM, June 02, 2009  

I think the 'word' Minnefota is hysterical.

CoachLiz 11:12 AM, June 02, 2009  

Oh Yeah!!! A "Twofer"is just what I needed to get my day rolling. Now you just need to wear one of those Headsweats do-rags and pop one lens out of your glasses.

Anonymous,  4:09 PM, June 03, 2009  

Hey, I recognize that stride...STOP - Hammer time! Can't touch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4L4CPfQY8

The Boring Runner 10:34 PM, June 03, 2009  

Wow, I can't get enough pirate pics. PLUS a pic of you stopping your watch? I'm in heaven.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.