I Look HORRIBLE During 5Ks (here's the proof)

>> Monday, October 20, 2014

There are some pretty sweet photos in the album of official photos from the "ALS Superhero Dash" 9 days ago. Here are some of my favorites along with some horrible ones of me and Henry:


Epic.


Whoa.


The group of LEGIT costumes out there!




She's got the same batman shirt as me, but she has cooler friends.


The kids dash. OH GOD - DOES IRONMAN HAVE A WORKING ARC REACTOR BACK THERE?!?!??


The "legit" Captain, some Ironkids, and an awesome tighty-whitey superhero.


Just before the start of the 5K - I'm about 10 feet behind (the male) Captain America.

As I said in my race report, Henry and I jumped into the lead after a few feet, and just kept pulling away from the group. Here we are just a minute into the race:


It looks like we're not even moving.


Now it looks like we're running.


This is the next photo in the album after the 2 of me and Henry.
The guy leading this pack is the middle-aged guy I noted I passed early on.


Fat Luigi.


ALS Association Executive Director Jen (in the Wonder Woman getup).


More of the nearly 500 5K runners.


An awesome He-Man.


Waiting for the runners to do their lap around the lake.


Looking through the tunnel to the finish.

Henry and I came barreling up to the tunnel nearly 4 minutes ahead of anyone else, and we totally caught this family off-guard and freaked them out:


Scared them off the path. Oh, and sweet baby Jesus... look at my face.


Close-up of that last photo. There's the "vein of approval!" It approves of this effort.
But the rest of my face.......... dear Lord.


Running hard towards the tunnel.


Another gross close-up. Henry looks chill, though.


Headed to the finish.

Well, I guess it's OK to be a little ugly/gross at the end of a 17:56 certified 5K while pushing a stroller. Right?... RIGHT?... I hope so. Here are a few more photos:


Here's 2nd and 3rd running side-by-side.


Brette (Jen's hubby) was passed by Fat Luigi, so here I think he's checking
to make sure he won't be passed by Fat Mario.


Fat Luigi catching his breath post-race.


He-Man made an unlikely friend during the race.


A pretty sweet Wolverine. He's running WITH A CIGAR IN HIS MOUTH. Nice touch.

These next 4 photos show the definition of a "second wind:"


"Ugh... how much farther?"


"I don't know if I can do this..."


"Oh wait... the finish is just up THERE?!?"


"LET'S GO!!!"


Awards.


Henry and I getting our 1st place medal from Storm and Wonder Woman.


Heading back to the car. Henry has his "stick guns."

• Check out Henry's and my race report from last week if you missed it.
• Here's all the "official" race photos in a Flickr album with 1400 photos.
• And here's the race website. Thanks ALS Superhero Dash!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2026 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.