Still Moist. But Working Towards the Finish!

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More photos are up from Sunday's wet Winter Begone Duathlon. Here's a good one of me that shows the "wetness" of the day. This is the last mile of the bike, when it had started raining again. I look pissed. And wet:



Here I am nearing the turn around of the 2 mile run. It was 45 degrees. And wet. And because of that combination, my nipple came out to play:



Here's Borsch hitting the turn-around, and Matt chugging a beer some Gatorade:



Pharmie and her sister Steph hitting the turn-around:



Q: Why does this woman look so pissed?



A: Because she's watching this woman cheat by NOT going around the turn-around sign:



See? She looks surprised that she got caught! I kid, I kid. I don't think she was trying to cheat. I'm sure she's a good person.

In my Race Report, I talked about nearly catching 14th place a few hundred yards before the finish. Here I am, finishing 20 feet behind him:



Great. Yet ANOTHER finishers photo of me with one leg as I'm hitting my watch:



Here's Matt and Borsch as they hit the line:



And here's Pharmie and Steph finishing:



(You can see my bum sticking out of my red car in the background of Steph's photo - I was putting the camera back because it was starting to sprinkle again...)

There are more photos in the previous post, and my full race report is in the post before that.

Back with my "big, fun triathlon news" shortly!

20 comments:

X-Country2 11:20 PM, April 29, 2009  

I've yet to see a picture that makes me think this race was a good idea. :o)

Carly 11:59 PM, April 29, 2009  

I get cold just looking at these pics. Pharmie and her sis look a lot alike!

Anonymous,  12:27 AM, April 30, 2009  

Now that is committment! I am not so sure I wouldn't have bailed with all that cold rain. Yuck!
Hey ask the two boys why they wear shorts over their tights? Tell em to lose the shorts and just let their junk hang out. Chicks dig it:)

Run For Life 12:27 AM, April 30, 2009  

Your commentaries crack me up!

Anonymous,  4:58 AM, April 30, 2009  

Great pics and notes...can't wait for the news

duchossois 7:13 AM, April 30, 2009  

Steve, it's funny to me that you have a problem with all of your finishing photos showing you stopping your watch. Funny, because I don't have any of those since I ALWAYS FORGET to turn off my watch at the finish.

Jess 7:22 AM, April 30, 2009  

Sorry, but this just looks like no fun at all!

Jeff 7:43 AM, April 30, 2009  

Nice! Bet that weather made a cup o' joe taste all the better... mmm.

Gotta earn it! No such thing as bad weather, just weak minds and bodies. Great work!

Carolina John 8:32 AM, April 30, 2009  

doesn't everyone love it when your nipples come out to play? it's not a real party until then.

Jenny Davidson 9:05 AM, April 30, 2009  

The one-legged photo is particularly good!

Audrey 9:44 AM, April 30, 2009  

Actually b/c of you I consciously don't stop my watch until after the finish line pic :) Your blog has been very educational!

Marlene 9:49 AM, April 30, 2009  

Funny, the "cheater" DOES have a sort of guily expression on her face.

Great finish pics! Love your one-leg-watch-stopping pose.

Chic Runner 1:26 PM, April 30, 2009  

Steve Stenzel - pirate.

Fizzgig 2:15 PM, April 30, 2009  

it sounds like fun....but it looks really messy.

Kelly 2:47 PM, April 30, 2009  

I like the one-legged photo. It looks like you are just standing there like a flamingo.

CoachLiz 4:06 PM, April 30, 2009  

Hey, we have come to expect those finish line photos of you turning off your watch. To give us anything else would be depriving us of the joy of seeing you made sure that you turned off your watch!

The cheater photo made me laugh.

Casey 5:52 PM, April 30, 2009  

They should have nets at the turn-arounds in case people forget what turn-around cones are for.

sRod 12:31 PM, May 01, 2009  

That woman looks crazy! Maybe someone tried to hurt one of her cats.

Michelle 1:45 PM, May 02, 2009  

Steve Stenzel the one-legged wonder!!!

WOO!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.