Race Photos from the 2024 Square Lake Sprint Triathlon

>> Tuesday, September 17, 2024

About 10 days ago, I raced the Square Lake Sprint Triathlon and finished 2nd overall. Here are some photos of the race from a Facebook album from Midwest Multisport Races:


Packet pickup in the lot.


The guy in the beard changed my flat for free! Even the tube! Thanks!


Half of transition during the National Anthem.


Close up of me back there looking over my transition area about to start the race.
(With Julia and her sister on the right!)


One final sip for me before Julia and I hit the water's edge.


Ready to start!


Race director Judi!


We're underway!!


The lead female who I didn't catch until early in the run.


Julia starting 0:03 before me.


There I go!


Lots of people waiting to start.


What's this pose? I don't know!


I know this pose.


Lots of swimmers heading out.


Lead swimmers coming back in!


The lead female again.


Julia had a good swim!


I'm somewhere between the green and yellow buoy heading in to shore.


The buff guy who pushed me on the bike by drafting me for a few miles.


Me heading out of the water!


Not me, but just bikers heading up that quick damn hill.


GO THAT WAY!


Lots of good family cheers up the hill!


"Oh my back!"


FALL COLORS?!?!?


These guys were among the last ones heading out - I gave them a cheer as I was biking back in.


Lead female was still the overall leader back to T2!


No idea who this is! I HAD to have passed him in transition, and then he
must not have been a fast runner, as he wasn't near me at the run turn-around.


Me coming back in, ready to run hard!


I ran away from this guy, but he started to far behind me that he was the eventual overall winner.


The drafter heading into T2.


The 2nd place female heading down the highway.


Lead female heading out, and THERE I AM IN THE FAR RIGHT CORNER!


Julia getting back to T2...


... right as I awkwardly run past.


The eventual winner behind me.


Second place female.


Go Julia!


Julia's older sister heading over the crest of the hill!


Cylists heading down to T2.


Damn snotty hill.


Bike down, run up. Gross.


Me coming to the line first! (But ended up in 2nd overall.)


Lots of sweat marks.


The winner!


First place female heading down.




Julia heading down the hill! (I took a photo
of her from behind that tree that you can see in my race report).


Drafter hitting the line hard!


Respect those tan lines!


Let the fur fly!!


I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT POSE MEANS!?!!&^#*#


Yes, 18.5 hilly miles on a UNICYCLE!! When she finished the bike portion, she just leaned back...


... and very elegantly dismounted.




I was cheering for this guy as he STORMED to the finish!!


Actually, there I am in the background loading up my stuff before getting a burger!


Thanks for a fun race, Judi!!

If you missed it, here's my race report and here's a follow-up post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.