More Photos From Race Up The Place

>> Monday, February 11, 2008

Before “Race Up The Place” on the second of this month, I took a look at my foot. It needed a little work. It was still (and IS still) beat up from the half marathon the weekend before.


Dead blister from 1 week before


Patched up, ready to climb


And the toe that died during Ironman which had recently
healed up to 100% is now dead again. Dang.

Well, I figured I was ready to run those stairs. Here are some official photos from “Race Up The Place” just over a week ago:


Stairwell cheerleaders and random runner


People catching their breath on the 35th floor


The afterparty on the 23rd floor


My awkward “winners speech” in tighty-whities

I almost ran the 50 flight stair climb in the IDS tower in Minneapolis this past weekend, but I had too much I needed to do at home. I also caught a bad cold right after Race Up The Place, and I wanted to make sure I was 100% healthy before killing myself on something like that again. Basically, I wussed out. Big props to a blogger I just found named Linda who finished the IDS climb in 5th overall place as the 1st female! Nice job Linda!

Oh, and does anyone else think that Amy Winehouse is a weirdo?!? Her “dancing” last night on the Grammys frightened me! And this is coming from a guy who doesn’t correctly know how to wear underwear!! (It’s like when the boy in middle school who eats worms thinks YOU are weird!)

14 comments:

Unknown 6:10 PM, February 11, 2008  

Uh yeah. Winehouse is just scary wrong. If you have to break out of rehab to sing your song "Rehab" at the Grammy's where you win like a million awards for looking like a crackhead, there is something fundamentally wrong with that picture.
Nice message to the world.
(Steps down off her soapbox)

Tri+Umph 6:53 PM, February 11, 2008  

Your feet are doomed. We might have to amputate.

By 'we' I mean the bloggers, not professionals. Forget the professionals.

Bill 7:43 PM, February 11, 2008  

As Goddess looked over my shoulder at your blog, she said "My God, the things you guys do to your bodies".

So I showed her my half toenail, just for fun.

And with Winehouse, the gullibility of the American ear is once again proven. But at least Herbie got some recognition.

GoBigGreen 8:51 PM, February 11, 2008  

Next year! I race with Supersone and her super hubby Dan. They are awesome folks, good people..and yes, dang fit.
Did you know that PT's can do wound care? I can amputate if you need it and Pharmie can give you something for the pain. Ok maybe not on both counts!
Julia

Collin Kromke 9:08 PM, February 11, 2008  

Ok, I'll admit it. I laughed so hard I pissed myself when I read the caption "My awkward “winners speech” in tighty-whities."

Dana 7:53 AM, February 12, 2008  

I think it's too funny that YOU of all people would be scared by Amy's dancing! I hope you get well soon.

Allez 8:50 AM, February 12, 2008  

Nice undies. Hey, at least you're not wearing a woman's thong in public. Yes, that Amy chica is weird.

Anonymous,  9:31 AM, February 12, 2008  

Nice pictures! The feet seem to be getting a little better :)

Uh, yeah...Amy Winehouse scares me.

Kellye Mills 3:56 PM, February 12, 2008  

Maybe you should get the toenail prof. removed???

And Amy Winehouse... didn't watch the grammy's but regardless, I just don't get it???

Everyone is so into her. I HATE the song. It sounds like something that my parents would have listened to and she looks retarded!!

Kate 9:33 PM, February 12, 2008  

gobiggreen is right, PTs can do wound care but can only remove dead tissue. I think that means we have to make your toe dead first! =0)

I have a few questions about your technique on the stair climb. My race is a week from Sat! I want to know... one step or two at a time or alternating. Railing or not railing, etc.?

Just wondering.

Becca 9:47 PM, February 12, 2008  

sounds like fun...er...not!?

RunBubbaRun 5:39 AM, February 13, 2008  

You should come to chicago and tackle the 95 floor tower run.. You might need two sets of undies for that.

I do hate black nails.. they take forever to heal and minutes to go bad..

Anne 10:36 PM, February 13, 2008  

Did they make you speak, or were you just looking for an excuse to show off those drawers?!

And Winehouse is very weird, as are most drug addicts who've yet to come clean. (But she's supposedly trying.)

Taconite Boy 7:13 AM, February 14, 2008  

Winehouse makes Tac nervous

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.