What 25K Does to My Feet

>> Sunday, September 23, 2012

At the end of my City of Lakes 25K race report, I shared this lovely photo:



Well I took more photos.

Lucky you.

Here's the underside of that foot:


Big callous outside of my big toe, torn open blister under my big toe,
raw tips of my toes, and a little blister on the bottom of my foot.

I headed up to the bathroom to take a closer look:



I got out the "needle-nose tweezers:"



Once I drained it, I found another small blood blister UNDER that big one:



Here's the bloody fluid that came out:



Foot photos: helping put the "Gross" in "Steve in a Speedo?! Gross!" since 2006.

6 comments:

mollyapolis,  8:52 AM, September 23, 2012  

Seriously dude. That's nasty.

CoachLiz 11:14 AM, September 23, 2012  

Good night! Your feet had to hurt like hell during that run.

BriTriGuy 8:49 AM, September 25, 2012  

Have you considered trying toe socks?

Steve Stenzel 8:57 AM, September 25, 2012  

BriTriGuy, I have some Injinjis, but I haven't tried them yet. I think I need to!

jane swimming 3:29 PM, September 25, 2012  

I was fine until I saw you pulling out the tweezers =O

How are you holding up with the blister?

Corey Singletary 9:09 PM, September 26, 2012  

I highly recommend Drymax socks. I have done 3 50k trail races and a number of half marathons have never had problems with blisters since I started wearing them.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.