Still Holding On...

>> Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Here are the Minnesota Distance Running Association's "Grand Prix" standings after last weekend's half marathon:



I got my first "perfect" 1000-point race!! But notice there were a fair amount of "0"s down the "NP Half" list - a good number of "Grand Prix" racers didn't show up. But the ones that DID show up didn't disappoint: at a quick glance of the results, "Grand Prix" racers took 4th, 6th, 8th, and 11th overall.

I'm enjoying my 800 point lead, but like I said 2 weeks ago when I first took the series lead, I do NOT expect this to last. Look at 13th and 14th overall - they've both scored 2 perfect 1000s, and they both have a 3rd solid score. If they finish out the series, I'll go down easily. (Only 10 of your finishes count in the 14 race series, so you can skip a few and have it NOT affect your series results.) Anyway, I'll enjoy it while it lasts!!

And it's super fitting that I got my first "perfect 1000" at such an amazing race! If you missed yesterday's race report, either scroll down or click here to check it out.

I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on how I was able to race SOOOO much better than expected this past weekend.

1 comments:

TriMOEngr 10:47 AM, May 15, 2012  

Hey - first in points is first in points - no matter how long it lasts. Great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.