Meet of the Miles Results and Video

>> Saturday, January 16, 2016

The results from the Meet of the Miles from earlier this week showed up, and they can be found here. Here's how I ranked:



4:56.70
26th out of 151 overall
3rd out of 10 in the 30-34 age group


The 2 guys RIGHT in front of me were both in my age group, so I was THIS CLOSE to winning my division. Also everyone's times are 0.01 - 0.10 seconds slower than what they were listed on the printouts at the meet, so my 4:56.60 ended up officially as 4:56.70, or officially my 2nd slowest 1 mile since 2008.

Here's a video that Steve Q shot of my heat. It's a thrilling 5 minutes. (jk) I start 3rd from the outside in my purple "Wells/Easton" tank top, and then proceed to race near the back of my heat:


Direct Link: https://youtu.be/ywB2StAyjD8

The video DID answer one question I had about the race. 14 of us lined up, but in my race report, I showed the 13 finish times from my wave. The video shows 1 guy losing ground on the pack. At the 3:16 mark, you see him finish his 5th lap, and then you don't see him again. He dropped out due to some calf pain (is what I heard from Rob E). And I'm glad at the finish Steve Q just shows the finish line - I've seen my "pained" final kick before, and it's NOT pretty.

CLICK HERE for my race report if you missed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.