Good News in the "Grand Prix" Standings

>> Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Well... it's happened. I've finally worked my way up to the LEAD in the Minnesota Distance Running Association's "Grand Prix" series!!!



But I don't expect this to last.

- 7th place (Patrick Russell) has beat me at every race, but he didn't race Get in Gear, so that's how I was able to take the lead.

- 8th place (Scott Davis) has beat me in the last 2 races, but he didn't race the Half Marathon in January.

- 9th place (Nathan Campeau) was right on my tail before he skipped Get in Gear.

- 21st place (Ben Merchant) has kicked butt at both races that he's raced, so if he finishes off the series, he could easily take the overall win.

- 25th place (Michael Nawrocki) was just behind me at the first race, and just beat me at the second. And then he hasn't ran the last 2 races.

The Grand Prix is 14 races, and only your best 10 count. So all of these guys are still TOTALLY in the running. And I bet most of them will beat me by year's end.

And technically, a bunch of great runners could sign up today and race the rest of the series, and they'd have 10 races under their belt. So, it's ANYONE'S game at this point....

.... but I AM pretty thrilled to be up there! :)

7 comments:

TriMOEngr 6:25 AM, May 01, 2012  

Hey - first place is first place - even if for a short while. That is awesome! Congrats!

Keith 6:57 AM, May 01, 2012  

Congrats! Enjoy it while it lasts. And what about your nemesis Jenny Wilcox?

Steve Stenzel 7:07 AM, May 01, 2012  

Thanks guys! Keith, I actually saw Jenny pre-race and we got to catch up - she's not doing the Grand Prix series, but she ran a solid 40:42!!

Robyn 9:29 AM, May 01, 2012  

Does this mean you get to run the next Grand Prix race wearing a yellow Speedo?

Carolina John 10:39 AM, May 01, 2012  

I've gotten bumped back down to 10th in my age group in my grand prix thanks to missing the last few races. Saturday is our last race in the series.

Anonymous,  7:07 PM, May 01, 2012  

Post this on the fridge before Henry takes all that real estate with his art work!

Mike in Mankato

Michael 8:58 AM, May 02, 2012  

Congratulations thus far Steve...you've earned it for sure !

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.