Late Breaking Monster Dash Photos

>> Thursday, December 17, 2009

So, I don’t know why it took nearly 7 weeks to process all the Monster Dash 10-Mile photos! I just got an e-mail saying my photos were up. Weird. Anyway, there were some new ones in there that I hadn’t seen. Here was the post of the first round of photos. (Remember the photo of me running the home stretch with my pinky out? I’m such a delicate, prissy runner!)

Here are a few new ones:


Running strong at the beginning.


Again near the start.

This was the race where I tried pushing harder at the start and in the middle. I was hashed by the end. Oh, you want proof? OK, how about the next 3 photos:


Running with all my upper lip and furled brow have to give!


Hashed. You can KINDA see the outstretched pinky.


Ready to collapse across the finish line.

A week ago, our Minnesota Distance Running Association (MDRA) Magazine showed up, and there’s a blurry photo of me in the distance in the Monster Dash spread:



And a BIG THANKS to all those who tweeted their vote for me in the “Topricin Worst Race Photo” competition. First of all, what a GREAT idea for a competition!! Secondly, I ended up winning!! I'll get a big supply of Topricin (a pain-relief cream) and a free race entry (up to $150!)! I submitted that epic photo of me all bloody and icy after this past Winter Carnival Half Marathon. LOVE that photo!

I actually really like THIS guy and his photo that was entered in the contest. Check this out:

Attached is a picture of me finishing an 18 mile run. I decided towards the end that I was a bit hungry and hopped into a McDonald's that was conveniently located along the last mile and grabbed a big mac. The picture is me running the last 100 yards while eating the big mac. No burger has ever tasted better.



I think that guy and I could be great friends. ;)

If you haven't put your name in the hat for the 2 Sugoi Tri Suits and all the Gu goodies, make sure to scroll down to the post from 3 days ago and sign up! The winners will be announced on Monday!

5 comments:

Coach Liz 9:12 AM, December 17, 2009  

At first I thought you were a prissy runner because you were wearing a purple hat with a pink stripe and then I realized in another photo that the hat was actually blue with a red stripe.

That guy with the Big Mac looks like he is really enjoying his purchase from the Golden Arches. I think I would have a few bites of Big Mac over donuts on a run anyday!

Mark 10:09 AM, December 17, 2009  

Congrats on the MDRA Magazine! Last year I was lucky enough to get in 2 issues of MDRA and 1 for ALARC. It is fun to suddenly realize that you are looking at yourself.

Mike Russell 11:37 AM, December 17, 2009  

Dude, those photos of you are frame worthy. Those are a couple that I would buy the digital copy and send out to all of my fat friends from high school as Christmas presents...

Beth 9:48 PM, December 17, 2009  

Congrats on your tweety win and I agree, the burger picture is hilarious.

imsocrabby 8:08 AM, December 21, 2009  

that big mac is effing hot. so is the dude mawing on it.


thank you kind sir.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.