2009 Liberty Olympic and Long Course Triathlon Photos

>> Thursday, June 25, 2009

Here’s a photographic recap of the Liberty Triathlon nearly 2 weeks ago. Pharmie did the long course and I did the Olympic distance.

Here I am finishing a PR swim:







Pharmie popped out of the water shortly after me:



We hit the hilly bike course:





And here we are heading back into T2 after the ride:





The run started with a decent uphill that was all woodchips. Suck-fest. Here I am rounding the corner at the top of that hill:



Heading to the finish (notice 2 of my “CVA Triathlon Club” students cheering me on behind the “n” and the “t” at the end of “Moments”):




2:23:06 chip time (oly PR by 14:27)

Pharmie came to the line a few hours later, finishing her 6th half-iron distance triathlon!!


I’m taking a photo of her to the far left



Just behind her in those photos was Joe, a running buddy that she had made on the course. They did most of the 13.1 mile run together. I shouted “Way to go Joe!!” as he ran by. He turned back to see who was cheering him on...



...and then gave me a thumbs-up as he crossed the line:



Liberty was a fun tri! Pharmie and I may do this race again in the future!

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos from a group workout that's going down tonight. I'll post that tomorrow before the "Friday Funny." This is my 499th post, and I don't want #500 to be a "Friday Funny"...

12 comments:

trimybest 7:28 AM, June 25, 2009  

That was a fun race! I'm looking forward to seein you and pharmie in madison!

Brian 7:47 AM, June 25, 2009  

Those 'calf warmers' Joe is wearing, I see a bunch of people wearing those during races. I gotta try a pair on.

B.o.B. 9:20 AM, June 25, 2009  

Cool photos. I love meeting people during a race.

X-Country2 9:20 AM, June 25, 2009  

MN sure look pretty in the summer. If it wasn't a frozen tundra of misery in the winter, I might think about moving there. :o)

Kim 9:53 AM, June 25, 2009  

awesome job to the both of you! pharmie is looking quite jacked!!!! hot stuff!

chia 9:57 AM, June 25, 2009  

Great job! You two look fab!

Julia 11:41 AM, June 25, 2009  

Awesomeness on the swim PR! Man, running on woodchips must have been hard, but you rocked it!

Dan Isaacs 11:49 AM, June 25, 2009  

Wow, a picture of you crossing the finish line without touching your watch AND with both lower legs present!

331 Miles 2:14 PM, June 25, 2009  

Every time I see "Minnefota Moments" watermarked on photos in your blog, I chuckle. Then I think about alternate puns, but I can only think of a few: Minoltasota Photography...Land o' Leica Photography...eh...that's all I got.

mthead 9:56 PM, June 25, 2009  

Steve, it's a "match" not a "meet". You are such a track guy!

teacherwoman 11:20 AM, June 26, 2009  

Sounds like a great tri! Great photos too!

Coach Liz 4:27 PM, June 26, 2009  

Great photos! Congratulations to you both.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.