Pre-Race Week in Review

>> Thursday, June 02, 2022

Monday was the 2022 Brian Kraft 5K, so that means last week's training looks like it petered out:



RUNS: I posted about Monday's shorter/faster long run, and then Wed and Fri were just easier runs. Nothing fancy there. Sunday was a complete rest day to get ready to race on Monday!

BIKE: Tues and Fri I biked to school with the boys, which is what all the 5.x mile rides are about. I also did my (kinda "favorite") workout of 3x5 mile intervals on Tuesday on a slightly more "difficult" part of the Greenway Trail (starting much earlier and going through more intersections to avoid the construction out there). So my averages were a bit slower, but still a good effort: 21.0 mph, 20.5 mph, and 21.4 mph. (Slightly breeze that I was biking into for #2.) Then Thurs and Sat were trainer rides, with some 10 min efforts on Thurs and just easy spinning late in the day on Sat.

(That's a total of 5 hours and 47 mins of "in the saddle" time all added up which is HUGE for me, but it's hard to be impressive when 2 hours of that was just crusing on my commuter bike. Good exercise for the boys, but can't really call it "training" for dad. Ha!)

STRENGTH: Pretty normal week. Skipped core day on Sunday to be "fresh" for Monday's race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.