A Few ‘Get in Gear’ Photos

>> Wednesday, May 22, 2024

The Get in Gear 10K was a few weeks ago. (Spoiler alert if you didn’t read my race report yet: I PRed!) Here are some photos from an album that TC in Motion put on Facebook recently, and they say they have more coming:


10K start! Three teammates towards the left: Geoffrey, Mike, and an unknown women.


About 0.2 miles into the race.






Hi Mike! (I know this pacer!)


Future Olympian Dakotah Lindwurm was helping cheer!


Breanna Sieracki winning the 5K in 17:08!


Post-race beer!



Those are the best from around the start/finish line. Then there's a lot from the half-marathon course that came down Summit Ave, crossed the river at the Lake/Marshall Bridge, went north to the Franklin Bridge, crossed back to the "St. Paul side," and then followed River Road to the finish (which was also the finish of the 5K and 10K). Here's the photographer around mile 2 on Summit Ave right at Lexington:


Leaders crossing Lexington Ave!


The winners both finished in 1:06!!


Sweet sequence of 3 photos of grabbing a drink...




... I like how the focus is on the water drops here!


More runners coming!




A Mom I've volunteered with at the boys's school! (With our church in the background!)

Side note: I told her I saw this photo, and she was annoyed with it! It's not a bad photo though! She's just annoyed that she was starting to shed her coat because her husband was going to be cheering 2 blocks farther down the course (by Kowalski's) and she thinks it would have looked a lot better had she not had her coat draped off her shoulder. Oh well!


Coming down Summit!


Stopping to pose!


I know that bridge! Coming across around mile 8 (flag back there) over the
Franklin Ave Bridge - a bridge I cross on all of my non-speedwork days of running.


Lonely bridge shots.


Turning onto River Road on the "St. Paul side" (still in MPLS at the moment).




Peace!


*kisses*


There's Mike again!




My wife I and recognized this butt right away.

I went to pick up my boys from school one day, and in a group of school moms, I said "Hey Alicia, I saw a picture of your butt on the internet today." Everyone laughed, and she knew what I was talking about. She was bummed that it wasn't a super flattering shot (I mean, it's really not that flattering, but it's not horrible either!), but she was happy that 99.9% of the population wouldn't be able to tell it was her. You can see Alicia in my wife's 2021 TC Marathon post (and she might be wearing the same shorts!).


Coming off the Franklin Bridge onto River Road.


Running down River Road! (Mile 3 of the TC 10 Mile.)


Then a big jump to near the Ford Bridge around mile 12 of the half.




I got cheers from the Northstar team when I ran past in the 10K!
Ann (in the purple shoes) cheered for me by name - thanks Ann!


Ann and Brian back there! (I noted passing Brian in the 10K around mile 3 in my race report.)


Two of these 3 are the ones that stopped to pose up above!


Around the corner to the finish!

That's the last of the photos that they've posted so far. I'm HOPING they have more of the 10K and 5K so I can look for photos of my family! In the meantime, here's my 10K race report if you missed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.