More Photos from Duathlon Nationals

>> Saturday, June 20, 2015

Two weeks ago was the Duathlon National Championships here in St. Paul. It was a fun, hot race. (Click here for my race report.) I was surprised to hear lots of loud cheers for me half way into the race. It turns out it was a "race buddy" and old acquaintance from my days at CVA. (She's a runners and a designer.) And it turns out she had been snapping photos of me all race! Here are Amanda's photos she sent me:


My colorful butt just moments after the start. Look at how horribly the
tattoo number sticks to leg hair - that was a hot mess.


Running away.


Remember in my race report how I noted I ran past my bike?
Here I am turning around once I ran too far. Oops.


Back at my bike. Finally.


Sweet shot of me running out!




I heard lots of shouting during my 2nd trip up Ohio Hill. It was Amanda and her friend.


Couldn't help but smile.






I caught that guy before the curve driven solely by Amanda's cheers. Thanks ladies!


Back to T2.


I don't think I was smiling - I think that's a grimace.


Flying to the finish!


Close-up of that last shot showing 0 women and 6 men looking at my ass.
That's around right.


Awkward.


Fried. (And hitting my watch.)


Checking my time while gasping for air. I dropped my hands onto my knees and gasped
for about 20 more seconds, and Amanda just stood there and cheered for me
the entire time. It was awesome. I thanked her by trying not to puke in front of her.
You're welcome, Amanda.

Thanks for the pics, Amanda!

Here's my race report if you missed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.