Half Marathon Photos

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The half marathon photos from a few weeks ago have been found online! Here are some worth note:


The polar bear and the "Securian Mascot" pre-race.


The Securian Mascot getting ready to start off the half marathon.
He only runs a block and then stops to cheer us all on.


With my camera with about 2 miles left.
Race buddy Nicole was just to the left of this image.


A little to the right, showing the pack of guys we were with
(that's my red sock).


Finishing while taking a video and stopping my watch.


Pharmie finishing the 10K with a smile and a baby bump!

If you didn't see my race report or the video I took during the race, click on those 2 links to go check them out.

Oh, and here's one last photo of the YMCA Mascot finishing the 5K or 10K:



Sweet.

That makes me think.... There are a lot of "Guinness World Record" categories for running a marathon in a mascot costume. I THINK I'd be able to break a few of those. On a good day. Maybe when I attempt my next marathon, it should be for a WR.... Something to think about.... ;)

3 comments:

Benjamin 11:05 AM, February 16, 2011  

I'd say you should try "longest scarf knitted while running a marathon", it's only 1.62 m at the moment!

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Susie-Hewer/photo/8764337/7691.html?enlarge=true

Beth 8:01 PM, February 16, 2011  

For some reason I found the YMCA mascot especially entertaining. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You could FOR SURE beat any type of record in a mascot costume.

CoachLiz 2:38 PM, February 18, 2011  

I wonder if it was any warmer running in that YMCA mascot costume?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.