Friday Funny 102: Best CycleOps Trainer Ever Made. Period.

>> Friday, July 16, 2010

This past weekend, after people rode anywhere from 40 to 112 miles on the Ironman Wisconsin course, we had them do a LITTLE more biking before we let them go. Only this biking resulted in a cold, frosty beverage. So enjoy these 64 fun-filled seconds!!

(Coincidently, that’s the same thing I tell my wife every time we... ahh, nevermind...)


Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xHDD7HJ_XQ


Saris and CycleOps let us borrow their “Blender Trainer” for the day!! Oh what fun everyone had making themselves a cold drink after a hot bike ride! Stu, Robby, and I set it up before everyone took off on the ride, and we put Robby’s bike on it once he got done riding.

Here are some photos of the drink-making fun:


Robby taking it for a dry run after getting it set up.


Coming back with ice and booze.


Mixing the first drink.


Tonia and Robby making a delicious beverage!


Robby and I with the first round of Margaritas!!


Robby and Pharmie.


Making drinks in my “bowl full of sunshine” shorty-shorts.
Robby’s bike seat was never the same.


Robby and Cara.


Chris getting aero.


I don’t think I officially met her, even though we chatted briefly...


Stu making a chocolate shake!


Margaritas!!


Sara mixing the final drink of the day.

Big thanks to Saris and CycleOps for letting us borrow their amazing blender trainer! Thanks guys!! (And click here to see more photos from the WIBA weekend.)

I’ve got my first open water swim race on Sunday, so check back Monday to see how it went. And check back next week for another giveaway!!

Happy Friday!!

18 comments:

Steve Stenzel 8:04 AM, July 16, 2010  

Borsch, don't act so surprised.... ;)

Christi 8:12 AM, July 16, 2010  

That is the best way to ride on a trainer!

Unknown 8:16 AM, July 16, 2010  

Wow, I really need to make some modifications to my cycleops trainer. Looks like you guys had a good time!

Relentless Forward Commotion 9:01 AM, July 16, 2010  

Where can I get one of those? I'm a bartender, and I could totally get some training in at work...LOL

ActiveEggplant 9:11 AM, July 16, 2010  

I think everyone should own a CycleOps Blender! (Guess the first step would be getting a CycleOps trainer first though...)

Can't wait to hear about your race on Sunday. Happy swimming!

Anonymous,  10:00 AM, July 16, 2010  

The only problem with this is that you can't really be in an aero position and get your drink. I'll wait for version 2.0. :)

Aimee 10:31 AM, July 16, 2010  

That is so awesome!

Katie 11:52 AM, July 16, 2010  

Two thumbs WAY up!

This CycleOps gal wishes she was there but will live vicaiously through your photos.

Unknown 12:03 PM, July 16, 2010  

absolutely brilliant!

Char 1:25 PM, July 16, 2010  

So the fun stops when there's no-one sober enough to stay on the bike? Looks like a great training motivational tool.

teacherwoman 1:35 PM, July 16, 2010  

That blender on the bike trainer is just TOO cool!

Anonymous,  11:59 AM, July 17, 2010  

ummm...yea. something about the CHOCOLATE SHAKE is a bit...unappetizing.....

gene 11:59 AM, July 17, 2010  

oops. that 'anony' comment belongs to me....

Sixteen Chickens 8:55 AM, July 18, 2010  

You know, I have always said that health clubs should go green by putting the energy people are burning back into the power grid... why not give people the option to spin themselves a drink too? Very clever.

CoachLiz 7:06 AM, July 19, 2010  

That is the most AWESOME bike trainer EVER!!! We seriously need that here in Texas after the Ironman next year. How do we make arrangements for Robby to come to The Woodlands???

Anonymous,  1:23 AM, August 10, 2010  

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.