Farm Animals at the TC Marathon

>> Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Here's the post you've been waiting for.....

So at the end of my TC 10 Mile race report, I had just hit my goal and was walking back up to meet my family. Before that, I had ran into Todd next to the finish line as I had my hands on my knees. He laughed: "Don't puke next to the media tent!" We shook hands and I worked my way back up the hill. I yelled my appreciation for Mark and Cassie when I saw them (they cheered LOUD for me as I ran past). I found the unknown cheering group that really cheered hard for me as I was coming down the hill, and I realized it was the Hulls and CY! Thanks for the cheers! I talked with them for a bit, and they were thrilled for me that I had made my goal. I waited there with them until Matt went by, and we all cheered like mad men for him!

But let's back up a bit.

Annie had hauled a LOAD of stuff to their "cheer zone" as I was probably around mile 6 working my way towards them:


"Pack-mule Annie"

Annie had my camera and snapped a BUNCH of photos:


Me heading to the finish (as seen in my race report)


Arch-nemesis Racing buddy Jenny Wilcox on her way to
an AG win and a 10th place female finish!


Sister-in-law Steph as a sexy Raccoon


Matt wiping his face (he had barfed about a half mile back)


Matt headed towards the finish


All smiles once I walked back from the finish
(with my mylar blanket and food in my t-shirt like I said in my race report)


Steph, Borsch, and I. Annie told me I look like "that Asian girl."


Two nuns trying to get through the traffic!


Borsch and Steph cheering


Cousin Megan nearing the finish of her first 10 miler!!


Coming in for some high-fives


Megs heading towards the finish!


EPIC PHOTO! A steaming helping of Matt.


Aunt Nancy nearly done with her second 10 mile race in 2 years!!


Nancy getting some high-fives!

A lot people in the 10 Mile and a bunch in the Marathon would spot me and yell "DID YOU DO IT?!??" I could proudly yell back "Yep! I did!!" It was great having that support out there!

After the 10 milers were wrapping up is when the fun began! I know, I know... it's about time things started to get a little fun!! Check out the rest of these photos (from me, Annie, and Steph):


Mike as roadkill


More Mike roadkill


Newlyweds Borsch and Steph. Steph just bagged this beast.
This NEEDS to be their Christmas Card Photo!!


Me and Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"
(Notice I'm still rockin' the arm warmers)


Mikey rockin to some tunes


The 4 of us being ridiculous


Mike showing how is "tail" can turn into his "manhood"


Annie trying to see a photo on her camera


Me and the BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! Thanks for all the photos, Annie!!


With Nancy and Megs


Hokey-Pokey! "... you put your backside in, and you shake it all about..."


Getting suited back up after a potty break


Super-spectators (and sisters) Annie and Steph


High-fives


Teresa finishing the marathon (on the far left)


Jill finishing the marathon (in the memory of her late husband)


Matt M finishing the marathon with an hour+ PR!!


Hug from Chris (the guy in red wants a hug too...)


Asking if I broke 60... still embracing...


Dancing beasts


Cheering


Matt showing us his moves


Pharmie running up to us!


Go Pharmie!!


Pharmie heading to the finish of her 11th straight TC Marathon!!!

We brought everyone back home and made a bunch of food. Here are 11 burgers, 4 turkey burgers, and 3 chicken breasts on the grill post-race:




Celebrating the birthday's of Pharmie, Mike, and Steph!

What a fun day!! My legs are just STARTING to get over it!! I hope to have a fun video of the cheering animals posted by Friday, so check back. In the meantime, CLICK HERE to check out all the local photos and videos from the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon (including a brief clip of the chicken in the video). And check out my TC 10 Mile race report a few posts down if you missed it.

Thanks everyone! And big thanks to the Linders for coming up to cheer!

16 comments:

BaddApple 1:28 PM, October 06, 2010  

I saw the Moose and Racoon, but not the Chicken and cow when I ran by. I was wondering if that was you guys.

Fe-lady 1:36 PM, October 06, 2010  

You guys know how to race and have fun at the same time! YOU ARE ALL CRAZY! (That's a good kind of crazy...!)
Thanks for the post! And congrats to all the runners and their PRs..!

Jeri 1:51 PM, October 06, 2010  

omg, I so wish I would've been spectating near you guys. I'm dying laughing over here!!

Q 1:55 PM, October 06, 2010  

This has got to be the best race photo post ever of all time hands down.

M 2:01 PM, October 06, 2010  

I love all the support you guys gave to the runners! So awesome! And congrats, Steve!!!! Also, the pic of Matt and the steam is so awesome!

Foges 2:23 PM, October 06, 2010  

my favorite by far is the roadkill photos! Wana come to Steamtown this weekend?

Anonymous,  2:27 PM, October 06, 2010  

I'm bummed I didn't make it to see you guys! (I dropped out at mile 16, but no regrets... being 14 weeks pregnant I knew finishing would be iffy.)
GREAT job! There were so many great cheering sections, but this takes the cake.

Mindy

teacherwoman 2:46 PM, October 06, 2010  

Those are some great photos! Love the one of Matt with steam coming off his back!

Holly 3:30 PM, October 06, 2010  

Seeing you guys in your suits was definitely one of the highlights of my race, up there with Al Franken and my PR. If I hadn't left my manners back somewhere with my clear thinking I'd have asked you how your race was and thanked you for your blog. I'm glad your race was a success!

Laura 3:47 PM, October 06, 2010  

Next year, that cow needs a cow bell.

irene,  4:01 PM, October 06, 2010  

Looks like you had fun there huh?

The Triathlon Rx 6:17 PM, October 06, 2010  

This is AWESOME!!! I wish I could have seen you guys during the race! Sorry Steve, not going to lie - I think I like the moose and the raccoon the best. Followed by the cow, and then the chicken. Nothing personal - it's just that face kinda scares me. I think next year the squirrel and/or the camel (llama?) need to be brought out. :D

Jennifer P 8:22 PM, October 06, 2010  

I think from now on I need to get a suit and cheer runners and riders on at local events that I can't race in. You guys are the best!

Julie 8:58 PM, October 06, 2010  

:) I wish I would of remembered that you were all dressing up! I would of stopped to say hi and get a picture!

Regina 6:49 AM, October 07, 2010  

Steamy Matt is awesome!! What a great shot.

I love the Chicken vs. "Say Anything"....iconic John Cusack image.

wonder what they would thing of that at mile 24 of the NYC marathon...I'll be volunteering there. ha! great photos.

Unknown 10:49 AM, October 07, 2010  

I think steamy matt is my fav! You have the best pics! I'm not even going to ask why you guys have SO many animal costumes :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.