Big Post-Race Week

>> Monday, June 13, 2022

I had a lot of biking the week before last. But it was mainly EASY. It was the week that started with the Brian Kraft 5K, and it was also the boys' last week of school:



I posted lots of photos from that week on Saturday also noting that Charlie biked 52 miles over 7 days! So note above that Tues though Fri I biked to and from school with the boys, which were all the 5-6 mile rides. On Thursday, I also did my first effort after Monday's race which was just 3x10 mins on the trainer after biking home from dropping off the boys at school. And then Saturday was a nice 29 mile ride with 20 miles KINDA hard (not all-out "tempo" pace by any means) with a 19.7 mph ave on busy trails where I wasn't trying to fly by people too dangerously. So I had 79.80 miles of biking (with 50 of those being easier miles with the boys) and 70 mins on the trainer: 7 hrs and 28 mins of saddle time!

Also worth noting was a strength week PR! A few weeks after the Get in Gear 10K, I had a big week that had 10 hrs and 12 mins of strength work. I didn't look back to that week at all, but I just happened to do 10 hrs and 13 mins 2 weeks ago! Beat it by one minute! (Again, like the week after GIG, it was "artificially" large because the race pushed some workouts back into the following week - in the week shown above, I didn't do my normal core workout on Sunday the day before the race, but then I did it after the race on Monday to add to that week.)

And the runs were nothing special after the 5K on Monday: just an easy run on Wed (NOT going down to the river just in case my heels got mad at me), and then a slightly more moderate run on Fri.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.