Quieter Week of Training

>> Saturday, June 18, 2022

Last week contained a few days up north, so my strength workouts on Wed, Thurs, and Fri were all short, and I skipped a bike workout on Thurs:



In a nutshell: Monday's long run was that fartlek workout from Coach Jen, Tuesday was a nice long trainer ride full of 5 min intervals, Wed and Thurs were nothing special, Friday was an interval workout that I posted about here after getting back from up north, Saturday was a quick easy spin, and Sunday was a rest day.

I've been meaning to "put it in writing" for a while now, but I knew when the boys hit summer vacation, I'd lose some of my strength time and my bike time. And I'm OK with that! I'll obviously fit it in when I can (like the 22 mins of sit-ups on Thursday as the boys played around our campsite before bed), but I'm not stressing about "missing" workouts over the summer.

I'll do all I can to still get in my running workouts as I see those as my highest priority - still, not really a huge "priority" in the grand scheme of things. On a "1 to 10" scale of 1 being "I don't need to do it" and 10 being "I must do this workout," I'd say running workouts are a 7, bike workouts are a 3, and strength workouts are a 2. We'll see what this summer brings!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  7:24 AM, June 20, 2022  

I just read this Frazz cartoon and remembered your yellow running shorts.
https://www.gocomics.com/frazz/2022/06/11
Haven’t read your blog in years. Guess those things scarred my brain for ever.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.