>> Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Because I’m a chivalrous guy, I let Stephanie take the top spot:
I’m only kidding! I’m not that big of an ass! (Really!) My results are highlighted, and so are those of the CVA Triathlon Club.
Here’s how I did overall:
- Swim: 13th overall (23 lengths in a 25m pool)
- Bike: 3rd overall (20.3 “miles” on a spin bike)
- Run: 1st overall (3.21 miles on a treadmill)
- 2nd overall out of 88 participants
- 1st out of 27 in the “open male” category
I pointed this out a year ago at an indoor triathlon, and now it’s come up again: the winner of this event did NOT win any of the individual categories. (5th swim, 4th bike, 6th run.) Proof, once again, that you should strive to be GOOD in all 3 disciplines, not just GREAT in one while being OK in the others. Well-balanced is the key to the race!
Notes on the 3 CVA Tri Club students’ performance:
- Erik was well-balanced in swim / bike / run. And he actually placed 5th out of 19 in the “master male” category. (Look back to yesterday’s post with lots of photos from the race. YES, Erik is over 40!! Damn he looks good!! Right?!?)
- Hannah placed near the middle of the “open female” category. The great news is that Hannah has been SOLIDLY improving!! Since the last indoor tri in November, she improved her swim by 0.5 lengths, her bike by 1.1 miles, and her run by 0.21 miles!
- Ben had stomach issues just as we were starting, and he had a rough race. Poor guy - we've all been there before. But he didn’t give in, and he finished the race! He even managed to get 10 points on the bike after starting a couple of minutes late!!
Nice job you 3!! When do you want to do the next one?! ;)