Outdoor "Quarantine/Spring Break" Run Yesterday

>> Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My first 4 runs over the last 10 days have been on a treadmill: that's "softer" than outdoors, more stable, and there are less turns. (Well, 0 turns.) And if you remember, when I first posted about being injured back in August, I noted "...as I turned for home 5.0 miles into my 5.1 mile run, that spot gave a twinge. Damn it." So I didn't want to put too much pressure on it by TURNING. (Also why I did my runs on the treadmill at the gym and not the track.)

But now that my boys' school canceled classes Mon-Wed, and the governor canceled ALL school Wed through the end of the following week, we're doing some sort of quarantine / spring break thing. I got them all settled in after breakfast yesterday, and I took off for 25 minutes.


Wearing a sweatshirt. My last run was mid-summer and topless.

I didn't want to turn much (and I wanted to drop off a movie at the Library), so I crossed the street before starting to run, took it easy at the turn-arounds and corners, and ran a pretty boring, straight run:


South, then a long bit east to busy Snelling Ave before
turning back. (Not worth waiting to cross.)


My "stops" were extra apparent in my pace, as I really eased into and out of them.
(My first 90 degree turn is invisible, however.)

When I downloaded that Garmin info above, it told me it was last synced in July. Ouch. Sorry old pal. But it held its charge well - I didn't know if it would turn on after sitting in the drawer for so long, but it did!

Aggressively massaging my sore spot 2x each day has still been helping! Moving in the right direction!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.