Four Random Life Updates

>> Saturday, March 07, 2020

• ONE: I used the last butternut squash from my Mom's garden about 3 months ago just before Thanksgiving. But we had one last spaghetti squash that we kept an eye on and it never started to look bad. We FINALLY cooked it up last week, and it was still in great shape!


Split open (which was HARD - the super dense skin probably helped it last so long!).


Cooked and ready to shred for a "spaghetti bake."

• TWO: Charlie was in his first school play last night! He loved it. Here he is in the middle during the final number of "Junie B. Jones:"


That's his wife (according to him) to his left.


Click to enlarge.


Click to enlarge.

• THREE: I think my phone has been listening in on our conversations about my mobility scooter, my walking boot, and all of my doctors appointments. I started getting these targeted ads recently. I’m outside of that demographic, but apparently my body is not:



• FOUR: On February 8th, I started some red pepper seeds in a ziplock bag between 2 damp paper towels (left someplace dark and warm), and 18 of the 28 seeds sprouted just over 2 weeks later. Some looked like this as I planted them 12 days ago:




How they look today!

They always take the longest to germinate and get going, and I FINALLY was on top of them this year. Hoping I can give my Mom a bigger crop. And maybe we can get some up here in our smaller only-5-hours-of-sun-each-day garden.

Back with some training updates on Monday. Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.