Training Week in Review (Stuck at Home)

>> Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Last week looked like this in my training log:



M/W/F/Sun all were around 90 minutes of strength as I did a similar core workout and physical therapy leg workout each of those days.

Tu/Th/Sat were all shorter upper body days. Some REAL short days compared to recent workouts. Tuesday was just 17 minutes of pull-ups, push-ups, and tricep dips at home. Thursday was my first "real" at home Coronavirus workout, and it wasn't too shabby! Except that I pulled down the pull-up bar. Oops. Luckily, I was recording myself doing pull-ups for the first time ever when it happened:


 (Yeah, I uploaded this straight to Blogger because I don't want record of this on YouTube.)

Other than the loss of the pull-up bar that day (which was never MEANT to be a pull-up bar - it was a bar that the people who owned this house before us stored some clothes on, and I tried doing a pull-up on it for the first time 2 days before this), the rest of my new "at home" workout went well. I put my inclined sit-up bench on a chair to make it nearly level, moved another chair nearby to do tricep dips on, and used 2 sets of dumbbells that I was lent from friends (40 lbs and about 30 lbs - thanks Charlie R and Rachel B!!). Here's a pic:


Never mind the "box fort" and containers of Legos in the background.

Thursday's workout was a big circuit-style workout: EIGHT rounds of push-ups (20-25 reps), 40 lb dumbbell rows (15-20 reps), bicep hammer curls (mainly 30 lb dumbbells but 2 sets of the 40 lbs), and tricep dips. And I worked in my PT shoulder exercises too. So a pretty normal workout except for no pull-ups.

Saturday's workout looked PRACTICALLY like a "regular" gym workout: 5x everything (chest/back, lats/shoulders, and bi/tri). The boys even helped me with my "heavier" chest sets:


3rd set with Charlie.


4th set with Henry.


And the bar DIDN'T break this time.

Here's the video that screenshot was taken from: the 2nd time I recorded myself while doing pull-ups (10 reps as my 2nd set of the day):



I posted this weekend about my runs (on M/W/F). They weren't anything amazing, but it felt great getting back out there!

And my boys and I even got out on a bike ride as you saw in yesterday's post! We went 5 miles at just under 10 mph. Not too bad for the fellas:



There's no pool time as my school gym and *actual* gym are both closed, but I'm happy I got weights from friends and that I'm running (albeit short) again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.