Wordless Wednesday: Testing New Running Shoes

>> Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Yesterday, I mentioned that I ran on Monday for the first time in a LOOOONG time. Well, technically, I also ran a bit on Friday as I tested out some new shoes at Run N Fun:


It bothered the hell out of me that the "track animation" started
from the 100/300 meter line, and not the actual start/finish line.

I looked for a shoe that wouldn't rub the side of my heel where I've had my pain for 7 months. I tried on my "normal" Nike Structure's, and as I figured, they really were tight there. I tried on a different (more cushioning) Nike with a very thin upper, and that was OK. But I ended with some Saucony Hurricane 22s (seen in my last post) that were a half size up from my normal 10s that did NOT put much pressure on that sore spot. They're a little more of a stability shoe, but still with lots of cushion.

I ran a 1/4 mile with the Sauconys, then a 1/4 mile on the new Nikes (I didn't even try running in the Structures), and then confirmed that the Sacuonys felt a bit more natural with another few moments running (when I took that pic above). Hoping they work out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.