New Running Shoes… FINALLY.

>> Saturday, March 28, 2015

I don't think this has happened since my first year of running back in 2006, but I just wore 1 pair of running shoes for over a year. According to my running log on BeginnerTriathlete.com, I first wore my Nike Structures on 3/3/14. Then I sprained my ankle a month later, and cut back the running a lot over the summer. I wore them last on 3/24/15, having logged 550 miles on them. (And I may have forgotten to log some miles with them, so I could have had close to 600 miles on them.)

But on Tuesday, we stopped by Run N Fun to get a new pair. Charlie found a sweet pair of shoes too:



Two days later, I did a quick tempo run in my new shoes between 2 classes at Hamline:


Carpeting in a college football locker room is nasty. It smells like sweaty jock itch in here.

I did the middle 3 miles of that run in 6:13, 6:08, and 5:54, for a total of 17:53. So the shoes did the trick. (And they carried me another 7.7 miles just now - my longest run since the Twin Cities 10 Miler back in early October of last year.) Happy weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.