Support From My Friends

>> Wednesday, March 04, 2015

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm about 90% sure I'm going to be beaten at our SHOWDOWN this weekend. I picked the wrong person to challenge. (Which maybe explains my lack of smack-talk this time.) After we agreed to race, the 2014 overall age group triathlon rankings were released. Out of over 1,700 names in the 30-34 female age group, Lisa was 84th:



She was the 4th 30-34 Minnesotan female, behind her speedy sister who just turned pro and was ranked #1, Suzie, and Bridget. (If you're from Minnesota and are reading this, you probably know these names.)

Former pro and current BFF Devon just posted about this showdown yesterday:


That "mug shot" of Lisa is from when she earned some Peace Coffee
after winning one of her 2 indoor triathlons this year.

Devon had some flattering comments on that photo of me that he uploaded (which was from our Best Friends relay at the Waconia Triathlon last year):


One of the least awkward photos of me ever.

Between now and Sunday morning, I'm doing all I can to gain a competitive edge on Lisa. Charlie needed some new pacifiers, so I got him some aerodynamic ones this past weekend with "speed holes" so that my day-to-day life can be faster:



Four days until a victor is crowned.

Related posts:
- Announcing the showdown
- Recent training
- My predictions for the race

1 comments:

CraftyKhandy 9:10 AM, March 04, 2015  

The degree to which I am avidly following this showdown of strangers is mildly alarming.
Go Steve!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.