Pharmie, Matt, and Julia’s TT

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tuesday night, I went out and cheered on Pharmie, her brother Matt, and my swimming buddy Julia at the “Tuesday Night Time Trials.” My foot was feeling good enough where I could have biked, but with other things going on earlier in the day, I knew racing wasn’t a great idea. So I was just there to offer support.


People lining up to start.

Tuesday night, they had a “team” TT too. Gear West Bike and Tri was the only one with a team there. Those 3 guys were the first to start:



I hung out near the start / finish line, and got photos of my gang at work:


Julia starting.


Matt getting up to speed.


Pharmie being held for her start.


Getting up to speed.


Pharmie (on the far right) getting ready to climb the first big hill. Note the 2 other riders in front of her who started 30 seconds and 60 seconds before.

I hung around and chatted with the guys running the event. I talked with the police officer for a moment. I swatted mosquitoes like a mad man. Soon, the GW team came flying by:




Julia huffing at the line!


Julia finishing.


Matt showing a Chevy who’s the boss. Seriously, he passed that SUV.


Matt hitting the chute. The guy with the computer to the right is the timer.


Pharmie getting up to the line.


Flying to the finish.

Julia finished with a 23.42 mph average. Matt had done 24.00 mph once a few weeks ago, and he had HOPED to beat that. He came CLOSE with an official 23.96 mph average. And this was only Pharmie’s second TT, but she was hoping to break 20 mph. SHE DID with an official average of 20.32 mph!! CONGRATS HUNNIE!! She was thrilled to hear that:



After Matt and Pharmie cooled down, the 3 of us went for a quick open water swim in Lake Independence:



We went for that open water swim because Matt is doing his first triathlon on Sunday!! Pharmie and I will be cheering him on at the Chisago Lakes Sprint Triathlon, and I’ll make sure to let you know how he does!! GO MATT!!

8 comments:

Christi 8:11 AM, July 22, 2010  

Congrats to everyone on a great TT!

Jennifer Harrison 1:36 PM, July 22, 2010  

AWESOME to everyone for that TT!!! LOVED seeing the pics! :)

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 2:32 PM, July 22, 2010  

Wow! Zippy McZipsters! I'll be watching for Matt (and you guys) at Chisago.

Maggs 3:27 PM, July 22, 2010  

congrats to all three.

GoBigGreen 5:43 PM, July 22, 2010  

Good luck to Matt and pharmie this weekend.
Geesh I am NOT looking forward to winter and boring shots of the pool inside!

Julie 7:50 AM, July 23, 2010  

Great pictures...I love the last one with the lake....so pretty:)

Anonymous,  10:34 AM, July 23, 2010  

Congrats to all of them on that TT!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.