$75 Gift Certificate Winner!

>> Monday, June 22, 2009

Yesterday, it was time to pick a winner for the $75 gift certificate to OnlineShoes.com from the 230 comments that people wrote on my post from last Monday. Those 230 comments translated into 403 entries because you could post about the contest or “follow” my blog to earn more entries. Well, a winner was chosen from those 403 entries.

Here’s how it went down (for accountability purposes): I wrote the numbers 0-9 on 10 little slips of paper:



First, I drew for the first digit of the winner (the “hundreds” spot):




I don't know why I'm so giddy...

I had to try a few times to get the first number: the entries only go into the 400s, but I first drew a 9. And then a 6. Finally, I drew a 3, so the winner was going to be in the 300s:


You can see the first 2 little slips of paper next to me

Then I drew a 5.

Finally, I drew a 2. I was pretty excited:



So the winner was number 352. I looked at my 16 page list of entries. Number 352 corresponded with Julia from California who is training for her first marathon this winter! PERFECT!

So Julia, enjoy your $75.00 gift certificate to OnlineShoes.com! Get some new shoes for training! Thanks everyone! And a big thanks to OnlineShoes.com for giving away goodies!! Have a great week everybody!

(p.s. Yes, that's a hot dog giving a thumbs-up on my t-shirt. And yes, it says "Weinerland" under the thumbs-up-giving-hot-dog. What of it?)

16 comments:

sneakersister 6:52 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congratulations Julia! That is so awesome. And good luck with your Virgin Mary training. :)

Thanks Steve, for the contest.
You rock!!

Diana 7:27 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congrats to Julia!
Love the shirt you're wearing Steve!

CoachLiz 7:33 AM, June 22, 2009  

Great shirt man! Congratulations to Julia!

I Run for Fun 8:01 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congratulations, Julia!

You do look giddy...ha ha!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 8:24 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congrats to Julia...
and, congrats to you, Steve, for owning such a sweet t-shirt!

M 8:26 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congrats Julia!!!

Thanks again for doing this contest Steve - it was really fun!

B.o.B. 8:36 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congrats Julia! best of luck on your marathon. you never forget your first time. hehehe

love the shirt steve. may need to bite yo style.

GoBigGreen 9:32 AM, June 22, 2009  

Wait. I live in MN near you Steve:) HAHA. I think it would have looked fixed had i won. Julia your name rocks and hope the new shoes make your training even better!!!

X-Country2 10:07 AM, June 22, 2009  

You really do look giddy. THat's funny. :o)

Congrats to Julia.

Shannon 11:00 AM, June 22, 2009  

Congrats Julia...(I'm not bitter....really I'm not...:(...;)

Unknown 11:11 AM, June 22, 2009  

That's super awesome!

Danica 12:15 PM, June 22, 2009  

That's great for Julia! Congrats! And weinerland... REALLY? ha ha ha

teacherwoman 12:27 PM, June 22, 2009  

You're such a giddy school boy! LOL.

Congrats to Julia!

Alisa 12:30 PM, June 22, 2009  

Holy cow that's a lot of comments/entries!

Nitmos 3:26 PM, June 22, 2009  

Forget the t-shirt, I was wondering what's up with the leather (pleather?) couch? Are you making a Boogie Nights sequel?

Anonymous,  1:05 PM, June 23, 2009  

You are too much! I love these pics of you pulling the numbers out of the hat. Too adorable! Christine

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.