>> Saturday, February 07, 2009
After my 2 long trainer rides in 3 days last week, I took Sunday off.
• On Monday, I went for a 9 mile run on slick sidewalks where I nearly froze off my boy parts. I also tweaked my knee just a little.
• Tuesday, I just lifted weights and stretched.
• Wednesday, I was feeling pretty good. So I did a BUNCH of leg exercises (that my old PT gave me), and a few hours after that, I swam 50 laps (2500 yards) in 43:36 (1:44.6 / 100). That was over a minute faster than the last time I did that distance. And it felt pretty easy! Sweet.
• Thursday, I lifted weights, and then Pharmie and I hit the Metrodome for some intervals. I did three 2.5-lap intervals, which means I did 3 x 1502 meters (with 90 seconds rest between). My times were 5:23, 5:08, and 5:01, for an average time of 5:10.6 (which is 5:30 / mile pace). Felt good!
• Friday, I took the day off (and cleaned the house).
• Today, I had to teach a 7 hour workshop at one of the colleges where I teach. I got up at about 5:45 am so I could do a bike workout on my trainer before teaching. I did TWO 30 minute “Spinervals” workouts back-to-back (I did the “Time Trial” workout followed by the “Power” workout). Here I am all sweaty when I got done:
(And if you asked to be interviewed in my post on Thursday, I’m still coming up with a group of questions to choose from to ask all of you. Be patient. I’ll get to all of you. Promise!)
Have a good weekend!!