>> Thursday, February 05, 2009
Shannon just “interviewed” me, and I’m willing to return the favor to any other bloggers who would like to participate. Directions are at the bottom. Here’s what Shannon asked me:
1.) What is your dream race (already raced or never raced) and why (details)?
I think the "Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon" would be a blast. It's just SUCH an infamous swim (1.5 miles from the Alcatraz prison to the mainland)! That triathlon also has a shorter bike (18 miles) and a longer run (8 miles), so that's RIGHT up my ally!
2.) What is the biggest adversity in your life that you’re determined to overcome?
Well, YEARS ago (what seems like a lifetime), I conquered a pretty serious 3 year bout of depression. People sometimes wonder why I'm always so chipper, peppy, and happy - it's because I know what darkness REALLY is, and nothing I've been through since has been as tough as those years of my life.
Looking to the future, I'd love to overcome my nasty feet. Unfortunately, I think amputation is the only way this will happen...
3.) Biggie Smalls or Tupac?
I tend to prefer American cars, so I'll go with the Biggie. Although, I HAVE heard pretty good things about the Suzuki Tupac.
4.) What is one thing with 100% certainty you are committed too?
Maybe a few things:
• Pharmie, my lovely wife.
• Making people smile. (In the front of my current journal [Shut your face. So what. I have a journal. I've filled about 6 in the last couple of years. It's actually more of a place to tape movie stubs and stuff like that. You don't like it? Go suck an egg.] there's a fortune taped in with my writing underneath. See:
• Teaching. (I’m a professor during my day job.) I love sharing any tid-bit I may know that can help out someone else.
• Sometimes, I feel committed to triathlons, but that's just become a "healthy way of life," and not a chore or commitment.
• And sometimes, I feel committed to photography, but my inspiration has been coming and going.
5.) What one question would you ask Barack Obama if you have lunch with him next week?
Why isn't my life perfect yet?
(Yes, #3 above is a joke. I know who they really are. They both own a line of carpet and tile stores, right?)
To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by giving you five questions. (I get to pick the questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.