>> Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Remember when I posted this photo of my blown-out YakTrax 2 weeks ago? (it was the same time that I nearly froze my bishop off)
I wasn’t complaining about them - I had gotten 2 winters of half-marathon training out of them before they died, so it was about their time. Well, after I posted that, I received this e-mail:
Hope you are well. I work with XXXX, the PR firm for Yaktrax / Implus Footcare, and would be happy to send you a new set of Yaks.
It's great to hear how effective the product has been for you, and I'd hate for you to suffer through the last month or two of winter!
Just send me your shoe size and mailing address.
Thanks?!? She ended her letter with “Thanks!”??? No, THANK YOU, PR lady with YakTrak!! That’s GREAT news!! Thank YOU!
So I sent my address and shoe size, and a care package showed up a few days later. It contained a pair of YakTrax. And 2 pairs of Sof Sole “anti-friction” socks. AND a nice pair of Sof Sole insoles!
So all of this raises the question: who’s out there reading my blog? Are you with a sports-related organization? Because I’d LOVE to try your product and talk all about it on my blog! I tried this about a year ago - lets try it again:
• If I’m racing, I have a belly full of Vanilla Crisp PowerBars. And Vanilla PowerGel. They are my race fuel!
• Recoverite (made by Hammer Nutrition) is like crack to me. Their “Subtle Citrus” flavor is GREAT! I have a serving (or 2) after any hard workout or longer race.
• Except for 1 pair, I have only worn Nike running shoes. I strayed away once, but came right back! They’ve been working great for me!
• Come on, Speedo! My name is “Steve in a Speedo” for the love of Pete! Can’t you spare a few Jammers or briefs? One of my pairs is getting DANGEROUSLY close to see-through.
• My Pontiac recently ALMOST died. It was brought back from the brink miraculously with about $600. Now, I know you aren’t doing that well right now, GM, but imagine the publicity surrounding the new car you're about to give me!! I’m thinking something along the lines of a Vibe - I don’t have real expensive taste. I’m practical!
OK, we’ll see how that goes... If you’re not on the list but have something you’d like me to try, just contact me!!
In my half marathon post (2 posts ago), I mentioned I had a few bits of good news. Well, I have 3 little morsels of good news, and this story about getting free YakTrax was the first. I’ll have my second bit of good news shortly. And the third bit is the biggest and best!!
Thanks again, YakTrax!!