My Wife is Famous! (Kare11 Slideshow of Marathon Finishers)

>> Thursday, October 11, 2018

For the past number of years, Ben Garvin (a photojournalist for Kare11 News here in the Twin Cities) has published some awesome finish line photos from the TC Marathon. Here's his slideshow from just a few days ago.

My lovely wife was pictured as #18 on his list of 100 finishers!!



The funny thing is (and to credit what a good photographer can do) my wife and her running partner Haley decided to jump at the finish line. If you watch the finish line video, it's a pretty mis-timed FAIL by both of them, and it's rather sadly funny. But Ben managed to turn that fail into a great shot because he's been honing his skills for years. Oh, and if you watch the video from the "left" in the results, you're actually looking right over Ben's shoulder, and you can see him snap his photo in the foreground as my wife jumps in the distance.


Screenshot from the finish line video with Haley coming down,
my wife going up, and Ben snapping a photo in the foreground.

I Instagrammed the picture Ben took, and my sister-in-law Steph commented "It is just soo good. However she has had 18 years to practice." Good point, Steph! Ha!

Here are a few more of Ben's photos from this year:




Yeouch.










I get swept up in a good "ugly cry."






This is awesome. It would seem he was pushed in a running stroller for the race,
but then his "runner" helped him walk across the finish line himself. Love this!















Congrats finishers! Nice shots, Ben!

Here's my TC 10 Mile race report if you missed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.